[REQUEST] Make mandatory to have a demo for the module

moy2010

I've found some modules on the addons website that do not have a demo site to see the module in action. This would not be important in normal conditions, but it's totally relevant when a developer doesn't have any demo for any of his modules.

Some developers even have buggy modules with "incredible" functionality and get to sell them on addons due to the customers not being able to test and see them in action.

That's why I propose to make mandatory to have a demo for every single module sold on Addons.

I don't disagree with your opinion on this, however there are many modules that rely on third party services, and having a demo for those types of modules can be expensive to maintain (paid service), or difficult to integrate in a demo environment. 

So I can't agree that every module should require it, but where possible it would be a good idea.

• Like 2

Hi moy2010,

You're right, testing a module should be easy for everyone, although what we require at least is for the developer to add screenshots of his module, for the technical reasons Bellini explained above. Most of the time developers have their own website where you can test the module you want to buy, you just have to ask them :)

Have a nice day.