Watermark modul = No input file specified.

MaartinJ

Hej guys.

i have installed the watermark module, and when i hit SAVE all my site says "No input file specified."

Why is that? When i go to my ROOT-folder and delete the module in the module folder, nothing happens? 

Can someone help me, it would be a shame if i should start over again.

The site:

http://llk.dk/tf803m

( It's danish )

Best regards.

Edited by MaartinJ (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

zizak,

- What PS version do you have this problem?

- Did you indeed specify an image file before saving?

- What image format did you try to use? Try jpg for a moment to see if that works.

There were some versions that had some problems with png formats before, see for example here

pascal.

Hmmm,

can you get into back office?

If so, see if the module is (partly) installed. If so try to uninstall.

Also, try to turn on debug mode (see here on how to do this) and see if you get any error.

If that doesn't help, If you want me to have a look in your back office to see if I can finad any additional problem, please add a temporary employee with admin rights, and PM me the info (login name an password + url to your back office login page). I may need to get to your source files as well, but let's try this first.

pascal.

OK, found the culprit:

In .htaccess, the watermark module added some code at the end:

# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again
# start ~ module watermark section
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule [0-9/]+/[0-9]+\.jpg$ - [F]
# end ~ module watermark section

Removing this restarted the whole system.

post-455771-0-58917000-1422810540_thumb.png

Not sure what is the real problem behind it (I installed the module on my test site and the same lines are in my .htaccess, and I have no problems). Maybe you can ask your host to see if there's anything on their system that conflicts with these lines.

To see if we can (re-)install the watermark module correctly, I need some back office login and password. If you still want to use this, please PM me this info as well.

Cheers,
pascal.

I checked a little further.

The line in file .htaccess:

Options +FollowSymLinks

Which is added by the watermark module is the problem

From this page:

http://www.getsympho...s/thread/91750/

I got the info:

As it turns out Gigahost specifically do not allow:

Options +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

Removing this line fixes the issue.

Certain hosts can disallow permissions to override the Options directive, which is likely the cause of the server error in this case.

The specific directive is not essential for Symphony to operate properly, as long as none of the folders you use are symlinked.

So gigahost has some problems with this line. When commenting out this line only, the frontpage and the back office work as normal. I'm not sure yet if the watermark module works though. We can try to see if the watermark module works normally without this line.

Let me know if I can play with the images in your shop for a moment  (But first: Did you make a backup of your system (Database AND files)

pascal