The fastest Prestashop possible

tesladisk

hi i do not understant how to set up the APC i have install the module but i cant find how to access it and install the code you provide

this one

apc.max_file_size = 2m

apc.ttl = 7200
apc.gc_ttl = 3600
; means we are always atomically editing the files
apc.file_update_protection = 0
apc.enabled = 1
apc.enable_cli = 0
apc.cache_by_default = 1
apc.include_once_override=0
apc.localcache=1
apc.localcache.size=128m
apc.num_files_hint = 1000
apc.report_autofilter=0
apc.rfc1867=0
apc.slam_defense = 0
apc.stat=0
apc.stat_ctime=0
;apc.ttl=7200
apc.user_entries_hint = 4096
apc.user_ttl = 7200
apc.write_lock=1

You would enter those directives in the main php.ini file, or you could enter them in a child file at your site root if your server is set up to use them. If apc is running more than likely they are already entered, with the exception of the 128mb cache size. I think the default install is 32 or 64mb. 

Do you know what php interpreter you are using? Have you uploaded a apc.php file to your website to make sure it is working correctly?

none of the above you describe i must build a file and called php.ini  and post inside the code if i understand corectly the php.ini must have a stracture or other spesific code inside? sorry to bother you i am realy new to this and my server is unmanaged very hard for me but cheap anyway how can i find the apc.php file i must build this also or i can find it ready?

Yeah, if you are running a prestashop site, you have a php.ini on your server somewhere. The reason I specifically did not go into too much detail is so if someone messed something up they would not come to me to fix it. If you know what the terms are you can generally handle it. I wouldn't start poking around not knowing what I am doing on a live site. 

• Like 1

Yeah, if you are running a prestashop site, you have a php.ini on your server somewhere. The reason I specifically did not go into too much detail is so if someone messed something up they would not come to me to fix it. If you know what the terms are you can generally handle it. I wouldn't start poking around not knowing what I am doing on a live site. 

Definitely agree with U.

Great thread. I actually made a pull about 6 months ago about the etags, that finally got committed and should be in 1.6.0.11 https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/1907

That is amazing. The only thing I am afraid of is if this update to ...11 will not broke anything on my site like translations, that is the biggest issue. We will see.