[SOLVED] Transfer old 1.5 sales database to new 1.6 database

Hi,

I've just upgraded my Prestashop to 1.6.0.9 and I've been installing a new theme on it and configuring everything.

The thing is, I have my 1.5 prestashop website up and running and sales are happening so to have my new website with all recent info, how can I transfer old database information to my new prestashop 1.6.0.9 database?

I hope I just need to copy the tables from the old database to the new one. :)

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: I'm a Joomla/Wordpress guy, so this was a HUGE headache to adapt into the Prestashop system, but once you adapt to it, it's actually simplier than it looks in the begging. :)

Best regards,

Pedro Lima

Edited by plima (see edit history)

Ok, so actually this is even easier than I though! :)

And for anyone that might have this same doubt, here's what I did:

FIRST OF ALL, BACKUP ALL YOUR DATABASES!!!

Now that you have finished your BACKUP (did I mentioned that you MUST BACKUP ALL YOUR DATABASES?), you do this:

On your old prestashop database, you select these tables (I use phpmyadmin for that):

ps_address
ps_cart
ps_cart_product
ps_connections
ps_connections_source
ps_customer
ps_customer_group
ps_customer_message
ps_customer_thread
ps_guest
ps_message
ps_orders
ps_order_carrier
ps_order_detail
ps_order_detail_tax
ps_order_history
ps_order_invoice
ps_order_invoice_payment
ps_order_payment
ps_order_state
ps_order_state_lang

After that, you select "export" and save that file.

Then, you go to your new prestashop database (DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP...) and you delete those tables mentioned above (ONLY THOSE ONES, MAKE SURE YOU ARE INDEED SELECTING THE RIGHT ONES).

Now you have to import the file you exported from your old prestashop (not the entire backup, obviously... only the file that you exported with those tables selected)!

After import the tables, you will now have to recreate come columns. Now this is a VERY important step, and if you don't do it correctly, your store will NEVER work! (if you don't know how to do this, ask a professional to do it for you or simply buy a module to export and import your stuff)

- Add column "mobile_theme" to "ps_cart" as tinyint(1) and 0 as default
- Add column "id_lang" to "ps_customer" as int(10) and NULL as default
- Add column "date_upd" to "ps_customer_message" as datetime
- Add column "mobile_theme" to "ps_guest" as tinyint(1) and 0 as default
- Add column "mobile_theme" to "ps_orders" as tinyint(1) and 0 as default

Now, I am not sure if these columns were added after I install some module or theme, but anyway if later you try to install some module or theme and some error appear regarding a column, you just have to remove that column and proceed to installation, and it will create the column again.

Edited by plima (see edit history)