Cart Rules/Catalog Price Rule - issue with check out

NVD77

I try to find a solution to provide our VIP customers a 5% off on non discounted products. Unfortunately, in the group settings its not possible to exclude already discounted products from the group discount and the same goes for the cart rules and catalog price rules. That was still possible in the previous versions I used (now 1.6, before 1.2 and 1.4).

I came across a clever solution though in the forum and used the supplier function to create a supplier 'discountable' and another supplier 'non discountable'. We don't use the supplier function so I wanted to use this to set the rules according to suppliers (discounted products have the supplier non discountable and not yet discounted products the supplier discountable - "the products are matching one of these...conditions") and set one cart rule and one catalog price rule with a 5% off linked to the group VIP (set under the group conditions with a discount of 0%).

That all worked fine for both cart rule and catalog price rule. If I check out a discounted product the rule i.e. the discount of 5% is not applied, if its a not yet discounted product it its. The issue is if a discounted product and a not yet discounted product are in the same cart. In the check out the system applies the discount to both products (5% off the discounted and not yet discounted product).

I can't figure out why. Any idea, help or advise? Did I miss something in the configuration?

Here's a screen shot of the two products in the check out and the 5% catalog price discount is calculated for both products. Given the values I set in the rule it should be given for the product that isn't discounted so far but not (!) the already discounted product.

Please note that if just the first product is in the cart the discount is given and if just the second product is in the check out its not given respectively. The issue only shows up if they are combined in a cart which is quite normal if customers are shopping.screenshot-www%20baby-international%20co

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should first solve this bug (i think it is) that in the group settings its not possible to exclude already discounted products from the group discount.

That makes presta b2b unusable.

You have b2b and regular shop and b2b group with 20% discount...you have lowered prices for b2b in FO - OK.

You asign 10% sale to product A (for regular customer)...you have lowered prices for b2b in FO but product A still 10% - not OK.

Group discount must override product discount.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the rule to work with help of our website agency. I agree that not excluding already discounted products is not good. It should be a feature within the price rule settings. I was able to work around the current situation thanks to a post I found in the forum and that suggested to create a catalog price rule - linked to a group - and I use a condition set in the price rule (you can use multiple conditions like manufacturer, attribute, supplier etc.) to exclude discounted products. It takes a bit more work as you need to define every product but it solves the issue.