Products filtering

andreacm

Hi, new to Prestashop I installed in local and spent quite a while figuring out how to override the layered navigation block results or a way create a particular pagination, what I need to achieve is the following. Say I have 50 “Manufacturers” and they deal with groups of products; apples, oranges, lemons etc. While filtering those groups I would like to get instead of products the list of manufacturers that are dealing with those products, exactly in the same way as it is in the manufacturers page right now, with name, number of products and link to the full range of product for that particular manufacturers.
The reason is that I want to focus the results on the manufacturers and not on the product, maybe I have 5 of them dealing with oranges and 5 with lemons, each of them has a inventory of products reflecting variations of the groups (10 different orange flavours etc.) and need to keep the listing of products separate while reducing the number of manufacturers displayed. I hope I did not confuse too much the description.
Many thanks

Andrea