Image slider for your homepage v1.4.3 disables ability to change settings in modules

mikewra

This has been plaguing me.  Wanted to change pause and speed in Configure "Image slider for your homepage" module. It had been working smoothly.  Today, I changed the numbers, pressed save, got the confirmation message that The settings have been successfully updated. However, there was no change.  The numbers that I inputted reverted back to what was already there.

I have a duplicate site on another server, which I use for testing purposes. Went there.  Was able to change speed and pause successfully.

Then I applied the update to the homepage slider.  Retried the changes to pause/speed and got the same problem.

I have tried to override this in default-bootstrap -> js -> modules -> homeslider -> js -> homeslider.js.  Nope.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the module.  No help there either.

I am using PrestaShop 1.6.0.9, the default-bootstrap theme.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

I believe that there is a relationship to this problem and one I just discovered with Preferences -> CMS.  I got a controller not found error.  This is new. I first tried all the strategies on the posts at Class 'cmsController' not found.  None worked. Then I noticed that a link for Sliders Everywhere was still under Preferences, even though I recently uninstalled it (seemed to add too much to load time for me). Since I've been exploring all possibilities, I went through the documentation on Sliders Everywhere and found that cms.tpl is overwritten and the original is save as a .bak file. Deleted new cms.tpl and renamed cms.tpl.bak to the original.  Now, the problem with the Preferences -> CMS page not loading is fixed. However, I still can't change settings on the slider.  I'm thinking that the uninstall of Sliders Everywhere was somehow flawed and when the update of slider v1.4.3 was applied, there was some error.

And the link to Sliders Everywhere still remains under Preferences, even though, as I said, it's been uninstalled.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to proceed, I'm all ears and thanks.

Seems that it didn't have to do with Sliders Everywhere.  I reinstalled Sliders Everywhere, then uninstalled. The phantom link under Preferences went away and I retained access to my Preferences -> CMS.  But the problem of not being able to change settings on Image Slider For Your Homepage remains.  Evidently, then, it was coincidental and not causal that there was an incomplete uninstall of Sliders Everywhere.

I have downloaded a new copy of Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and have uploaded a fresh folder at: default-bootstrap -> modules -> homeslider.  That did nothing.

But when I uploaded a new copy of: root -> modules -> homeslider, problem was solved.  The module retains whatever text was associated with a slide, but not the path to the image.  Simply re-uploading the slider images restored it.

Seems then that the update was the problem.

Seems that it didn't have to do with Sliders Everywhere.  I reinstalled Sliders Everywhere, then uninstalled. The phantom link under Preferences went away and I retained access to my Preferences -> CMS.  But the problem of not being able to change settings on Image Slider For Your Homepage remains.  Evidently, then, it was coincidental and not causal that there was an incomplete uninstall of Sliders Everywhere.

I have downloaded a new copy of Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and have uploaded a fresh folder at: default-bootstrap -> modules -> homeslider.  That did nothing.

But when I uploaded a new copy of: root -> modules -> homeslider, problem was solved.  The module retains whatever text was associated with a slide, but not the path to the image.  Simply re-uploading the slider images restored it.

Seems then that the update was the problem.

Hello,

Change code in file homeslider.php 

private $default_width = 779;
	private $default_speed = 500;
	private $default_pause = 3000;
	private $default_loop = 1;

and reset module

After uploading a new copy of: root -> modules -> homeslider, and returning to 'Image slider for your homepage' in Modules, there is an immediate alert to update.  Pressing update recreates the problem of not being able to save changes to speed, pause, etc.

This time I tried to isolate the problem. I went one by one with the files in that folder until the problem was resolved. It lies within root -> modules -> homeslider -> homeslider.php.  However, the solution offered by WebtetDev above is not the issue. Those lines do exist within that file, or at least I couldn't find them.

That file is 865 lines of code and I haven't the time to compare it with the update to find the exact lines that cause the issue.  So, just upload a fresh copy of root -> modules -> homeslider -> homeslider.php and don't update it until there is an official fix.  Sorry, that's as close to a solve as I can get.

Unfortunately, it remains a hack and not a solve.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, I have edited the homeslider;php file and it ignores the changes and rotates those banner very quickly. What is the solution to this guy?

Replace the entire homeslider.php file in root -> modules -> homeslider with a "clean" copy from a fresh install folder of prestashop v1.6.0.9.(or whatever version you're using)  Then in back office  modules -> modules -> search "Image slider for your homepage"   Note that after replacing that php file it will want to be updated again. Don't.  Use down arrow on the side.  Select "configure"  change settings to your liking.  Click save.

• 2 weeks later...