{SOLVED} Need Checkout Feedback Please

CutiePengu

When I test my site, I get to the checkout and try to get the shipping to be correct (under $10) like it should be, but once I tell it to refresh the carrier, I get told there's no carrier available for my order.  What is this, and why does it keep happening? 

Everything is set up the way the USPS has told me to set it up, but I still get a problem at checkout.

Also, I was going through their site to find out if there were any restrictions on where I could ship my jewelry to, and according to them, there are a lot of countries out there that I can't ship jewelry to.  I'm wondering if they actually mean the type of jewelry I make, or if they are referring to the $100/per jewelry (to which I'm not in that market).

If someone could please help me with these 2 things, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

(Oh, and btw, I'm very much a newbie with e-commerce, so everything messes with my head right now...lol)

:D  :D :D  

oops, almost forgot the link:  http://squeakeycat.net/presta

EDIT:

OK....Here is a FIX for the USPS problem of it telling people that they don't service your area.

What I had to do was UNINSTALL the module, and when I reinstalled it, I did the following:

1.  Filled in my USPS user ID

2.  Filled in my ORIGINATING Zip Code

3.  Checked the following boxes:  First Class Mail (Regular Rate), Priority Mail (Regular Rate), and Express Mail (Regular Rate)

4.  Left all the rest of the defaults on that TAB and the other TABS "alone".  I did NOT edit any of the rest of the information on the module.

Now, If you need the "commercial rate" on these, then by all means, use that instead of the "regular rate".  As for me, I'm just one person trying to sell what I make, so I don't need the commercial rates (they are also NOT any cheaper, as the post office suggests.)

Now, I did notice that after I tested it, and it went through to the "billing" page, that even though I cleared my cache and rebooted IE, that it still showed the shipping as $3.22 + tax for the item I tested (even though I was now testing a different item).

You will wind up with a default once you test it, but you will now have to make sure that you tell your customers that they have to choose the shipping method, before they will get the proper cost for shipping.

Edited by CutiePengu (see edit history)