New option: sold per quantity ? For next update?

Mjonglang

Hello guys, developers,

I'm making an old idea new again and hope it can get integrated in a next update (is this the right place for posting idea's?).

We sell flowerbulbs and flowerbulbs are always sold per quantity of 5, 10, 25, or 50 per package. Right now we're using the Dutch Luondo webshop system, which works very well but has of course it's limits. So we're thinking of switching to Prestashop but I'm really missing the future of selling a product per 5, 10, 25, or 50. For us 10 flowerbulbs of 1 sort/variety is 1 product in PS. Luondo has this option integrated.

There is a post going about this subject ( http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/352349-selling-products-with-100-and-50-fold-per-quantity/ ) but I'm finding the combination-way not good enough; its a bit of a detour. I would like to have the quantity next to the price ("4 euro per 10" for example) on the productpage, on the productlistings page, in the shoppingcart, on the bill, packinglist, ánd on the quantity (Scale) dicount list (for example "5 x 10 bulbs gives 10% discount" instead of "5 gives 10% discount").

This post is a reality check: is it worth for me waiting for this update, do you (developers) think it's a good idea? It could be placed next to the "minimum quantity" tab. Is it worth for me (and maybe for other users also) to wait for this update, or should  I start working with combinations, or even stay with Luondo?

Best regards,

Mjonglang (Jan) - Netherlands

You can create an attribute - Package for example - and entitle combinations as "4 euro per 10", "6 euro per 20" instead of just "10 pcs", "20 pcs".

Your product has an overall name, images, description and combinations with their own names and prices. Just define attributes and their values so the important information is visible without patching code.

You can create an attribute - Package for example - and entitle combinations as "4 euro per 10", "6 euro per 20" instead of just "10 pcs", "20 pcs".

Your product has an overall name, images, description and combinations with their own names and prices. Just define attributes and their values so the important information is visible without patching code.

Hi Tuk66,

Nice idea, but the "4 euro per 10", "6 euro per 20" instead of just "10 pcs", "20 pcs" like you suggest wil not work with stock management: the "4 euro per 10" might get sold out while there is plenty "6 euro per 20". How to manage this?

You can set/unset "Display unavailable product attributes on the product page" as well as "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" under Preferences > Products.

Yes, but this only works if you don't need stock management, isn't it? We need stock management so we don't sell more then we have in stock. For example: we buy 50.000 crocus that is sold per 25. Stock is set on 2000. Cuctomers shoudn't be allowd to order more then the 50.000 bulbs we have. 

You have another solution which respects stock management?

Thanks,