Logo Design

Dear Sirs

I have started a company named EuroSound, and i have made a logo but i'm not satisfied with it :) (am not a good graphic designer)

I hope some of you can help me wit designing a logo, and maybe a top banner for my website.

The design could maybe be a little like on this website: www.kartshop.dk

My logo can be seen on www.eurosound.mono.net (a test page)

Best regards
Martin Høgh

you want a designer for free? lol

ok first thing i see you used the copperplate font, dont use it. thats like comic sans, you just dont dont dont use them. What font you use is more than a 20 second decision it depends what message you are trying to convey, what feeling your trying to evoke in the user, but given your name and market demo im going to assume a sans font like univers or even eurostile actually

I haven't completed my design degree and am not actively doing it for a living so I'm willing to work for a reasonable fee via paypal and put in the time needed to make something your happy with.

I would be only expect full payment when work is completed and would of course provide you with all original vector versions, you'll need those for future work like business cards etc as web graphics are useless for print, and I'd of course be available in the future to answer future question about that stuff :)

jamie you're relying too heavily on software effects and not making use of your own creativity!

start your concepts on paper, even beirut carries a drawing pad after all (google michael beirut if you don't know..) as did all the legendary names in design saul bass, paul rand, etc. its all too easy for someone to learn a few photoshop tricks and call themselves a designer, but the worlds brands were all made on paper.

ie start SIMPLE. work on CONCEPTS on paper. then revise, revise, revise, until its perfect. THEN work on colors and some MINIMAL embellishment.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7268/eurosound.jpg

done in a couple minutes with illustrator, and yes, i even drew it first. took all of what, ten minutes? so don't complain drawing by hand takes longer, it doesn't. especially if you're using a tablet (as you should def buy one if you dont, every good designer needs one). is it "flashy" and "fancy"? no.. usually those terms to us designers means "amateur" and "idiot fucking client" lol.. but it is usable as is if you wanted to... you dont want filters and effects, it is unprofessional and uncreative. less is more.

now, can you embellish that concept a little? of course! The concept's there, its strong, if the client likes it, work on the concept further first and make it shine, THEN add in some software embellishment like, oh, lets add a gradient mesh to the e and to the sound waves, give them a little depth, its web 2.0 after all