Hi, 

i am having a bit of problem with my paypal, 

i have updated paypal to 3.8.1, everything looked fine, then i get emails from customers reporting errors as follows : 

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2014-11-25T20:57:35Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10472
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> CancelURL is invalid.
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

i dont understand it and i dont know what i need to do to fix this issue, i use prestashop 1.4.9.0, never had any problem before the paypal update. 

has anyone had the same problem with paypal 3.8.1? 

any help would be much appreciated. 

thanks

Sam. 

-------------------------------------

update: 

i fixed the problem at last, here is the solution just in case someone else is having the same problem, :

remove all files in "tools/smarty/compile" this will fix the problem 

Sam. 

Edited by Bassam45 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

To clarify, if you have troubles installing the newest PayPal (security upgrade since 01/01/2015), clearing cache is a good first step. Unlike what OP said, you have to actually clear these folders (DO NOT DELETE INDEX.PHP):

1. cache/smarty/compile
  2. cache/smarty/cache
  3. img/tmp

If you require some more details, check this guide: http://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-how-to-clear-smarty-cache.html

Hello everyone, I've updated to version 3.8.1 on paypal prestashop 1.6.0.6 and still does not work.
this is the error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /store2/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php on this server.

Hello everyone, I've updated to version 3.8.1 on paypal prestashop 1.6.0.6 and still does not work.

this is the error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /store2/modules/paypal/express_checkout/payment.php on this server.

Hi, I'm by all means no expert but it might have something to do with the file permission. Each folder/file on your server has certain 'rights', this means some files can only be 'read' by 3rd parties, and some can even be changed from outside parties.

It might help to loosen up the the acces to the file you mentioned, this is called "CHMOD". You may want to increase step by step, and see when it starts working.

Warning: if you enable too much rights (777) it might compromise some safety of your website. 

For more information, Google CHMOD and/or check this: http://www.thinkplexx.com/learn/article/unix/command/chmod-permissions-flags-explained-600-0600-700-777-100-etc

the cmods are set to 777 in the folder express_checkout including all internal elements ... it does not work the same. If I can not solve I have to switch to joomla

If anyone knows how to fix it I would be really happy, otherwise I have to re-enter all items of the shop.

Thanks

Hi, I'm by all means no expert but it might have something to do with the file permission. Each folder/file on your server has certain 'rights', this means some files can only be 'read' by 3rd parties, and some can even be changed from outside parties.

It might help to loosen up the the acces to the file you mentioned, this is called "CHMOD". You may want to increase step by step, and see when it starts working.

Warning: if you enable too much rights (777) it might compromise some safety of your website. 

For more information, Google CHMOD and/or check this: http://www.thinkplexx.com/learn/article/unix/command/chmod-permissions-flags-explained-600-0600-700-777-100-etc

I just uninstalled and reinstalled paypal. Now to me by another error. Now I try paymill, a warm greeting to paypal to never.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.