remove free from cash on delivery carriers

craigplant

Hello.

I am making a site at them moment for my neighbour. they are old fashioned and do not want to take the payments online and would rather call the customers after they place their order to sort out delivery and payment.

so I am using the cash on delivery carrier which does what we need.

what I am now trying to do is to remove the wording "free" which is on the payment page in the cash on delivery section.

I can add a cost in there using handling charges, but cannot work out how to either remove the wording or the right Colum from the table.

I have included 2 screen shots

post-852018-0-56993400-1416833742_thumb.png

post-852018-0-73862600-1416833747_thumb.png

Thank you for your reply but its not really what I am after, I have tried the cash on delivery with fee but I will still have to have a carrier so will still have the free text. I do not want to display a fee at all. I don't even want to display the text "free"

I have already attempted to translate the text but cannot find it anywhere. I guess because it is not actually a module but is just a carrier.

got it. I have edited the file  /theme/youttheme/order-carrier.tpl

I have lost the code but I removed all code relating to calculating shipping and it has removed the whole Colum with the text free in it.

the code started at line 111.

thank you for your help and I shall upload a screen shot of what the changes have done

post-852018-0-47345400-1416849550_thumb.png

Edited by craigplant (see edit history)