[SOLVED] Prestashop site not showing on domain,

ValBuh

Hi,

I can log in ok, I can see the site when I view my shop from within the back office, but I get a forbidden message when I go to my web address in internet explorer or if I call the site up from Google.

What steps do I need to take to make it show up?  Hosts are telling me the problem is something I have to fix myself and I don't know how,.

Have tried the following:

Got a report across dashboard to say that the entered domain is different on SEO and URLS section. Checked it but it is the same. I don't have friendly URLS turned on (Could this be it?) 

1. Error message is

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have checked file permissions on .htaccess and changed them to 666 from 644. still the same.

What else can I try? Apart from starting again.

More info.  If I type www or//madewirral.co.uk/presta site will come up.  I have tried moving this site to root before and could not see it and could not log in as admin so I don't want to move it if I can avoid it. I put it back to where it was before in the Presta directory.  How can I get it to show when typing just the www.madewirral.co.uk or getting to it from Google,  There has got to be a way hasn't there?

I have just got it working. I decided to bite the bullet and move the contents of the Presta directory into the root. I changed the SEO and URL before I moved it. This time it worked and I can still log into the back office.I am amazed.  Thanks to all who helped me sort this out.

thank you for posting solution 

i can go ahead and mark this topic as [solved]

[sOLVED] Topic
If, after posting a topic, you find a solution to your problem, please indicate it in your post and describe the solution.
Furthermore if you are the author of the topic for which a solution has been found, please edit your topic title to mark it as [sOLVED].

To mark a topic as [solved] :
- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,
- Click on the "Use full editor" button,
- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

with regards,

milos