Italics not working in Home text editor module.

pb4sc

Hi,

I have the home text editor module installed.   In the introductory section of the module.  I want to have the text in italics.   I have saved it in the editor, and it never changes.   I went into the html, and added the code, and it did not work.    I then read on the forums than I needed to take out the "strip tags" in the .tpl file for the module.   However, when I go into the .tpl file, there is no strip tags to strip.   Any one have a solution or ideas as to how to attack this?

pb4sc

I took a look at the code.   Shouldn't the <em>  </em> part produce the italics?   Is shows up in the module, but not on the homepage.

<p><em><span style="color: #fbb117;">The [spam-filter] Southern California is the oldest private research university in the western United States. Founded in 1880, USC has a proud academic and athletic history. Treasures of Troy, carries antiques and collectibles that span all of the universities decades. We have something for every USC fan. We hope you enjoy our collection, and invite you to return often, as we are always adding new items.</span></em></p>

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help with this issue?   When I take just the code above, and test it, the italics are showing up.   So something is telling it to strip the italics in the home text editor module.  On another site I have, the home text editor module is having the exact same issue.   Something is telling the module to strip the italics tags, but I cannot find where.   I am using the default boot strap theme.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.