Popular Opinion About Display?

Hey Everyone, for this cart that I am working on setting up, it's my first experience with Prestashop and so far I absolutely love it! A majority of the clients products have product attributes and variations that need to be selected by the customers, however, there is also always a default option that they can add to the cart.

First off, take a look at an example page so you can see what I'm talking about: thebigtomato.com/category.php?id_category=11

My concern is that people may click "Add to Cart" and just buy the default product, rather than clicking into cart and selecting the appropriate option for their cart.

So my question is this: "What would you suggest doing to attack this issue? Remove the "add to cart" button on the initial product display areas? If so, is that a setting I remove on the product.tpl page or does it need to be done somwhere else? Or, should I rearrange the order and selection of the buttons, having there be 3 instead of 2, and having them say "View Product", "Choose Specifications", "Add Base Model to Cart". Does that make sense?

Adding a poll for fun, first time doing it, thanks for any help and/or participation!!! ;)

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same issue.
As a result, I am hesitant to use attributes because people will buy things they do not want and it will create lots of problems.
I think if buying option would only be in product page then it would be fine.