<SOLVED> Deleting Products from Store

Lizbit

My products are downloadable images, so when I add a product, I'm uploading images (to the server) that are for sale.

When I delete products (images) from my store, will this also delete the photos from the SERVER? Or do I need to do some house keeping and delete the no-longer available photos from my server, as well?

Good morning, thanks for the response.

So in answer to my question, when I delete products (which are actually images - it's a photography store), I need to go on the server and delete the images as well?

Seems when I looked at the photos on my server, they have different names. This will be fun to find/delete the correct ones!

You dont need to delete it, it would be replace with new photos....

And thumbnails names are a little bit same as original....

My original:

1281.jpg

My thumbnails:

1281-183.jpg
1281-183-home.jpg
1281-183-large.jpg
1281-183-medium.jpg
1281-183-small.jpg
1281-183-thickbox.jpg
1281-183-watermark.jpg

I guess I am not totally understanding.....

I have a folder on my computer of images I want to sell, so I go into Prestashop BO, create a category for this particular event I took photos at. Then, I add product, and click "yes, it's downloadable." I browse to attach the photo to the product, etc. save, etc...

In a couple of months I want to remove that entire category (a sporting event) to make room for new photos. So, if I delete that particular category from my store, aren't the images (the photos I have to sell), still sitting somewhere on my server?

thanks again for trying to explain this to me.