en Jump to content
tomerg3

[MODULE] Attribute Wizard - Customize Prestshop attributes, control the group and item order, add group images, descriptions and more

V1.5.7 released

* Fix for Multishop ajax call when default shop had a virtual URI (PrestaShop 1.5)

* Fiix for Quick Shop integration: Redirect to Previous Page or to Checkout page when Ajax Cart is disabled

Hi,

I want to but this module, but first I need to be sure that it will allow me to do what I need: my products have combinations with attributes wich should be connected, I mean, all products (they are language subtitles), have different languages, and each language has a different right's holder, so when users select a language, her corresponding right's holder should be automatically selected too, for example:

-When users select 'Language A', the 'Right's Holder A' should be automatically selected

-When users select 'Language B', the 'Right's Holder B' should be automatically selected

But really not all products will have the same attribute connections, I mean, some products could have these attribute connections for example:

- 'Language A' -> 'Right's Holder C'

- 'Language B' -> 'Right's Holder B'

- 'Language C' -> 'Right's Holder A'

Could this be done with this module?

Thanks!

As long as you use the combinations correctly, the module would work just fine.

When we say use correctly, it means that each combination must have one attribute from each group.

The module will automatically hide / disable unavailable combinations, but just like without our module, you cannot have for a single product 1 combination with attributes from 2 groups, and another with 3.

You can see a demo of the hide function at http://demo.presto-changeo.com/1604aw/tshirts/1-faded-short-sleeve-tshirts.html

Hi,

I bought the module, but for now isn't working as expected. Could I have access to the connected attributes site demo admin panel to see the module config and product combinations?

It seems that this access info is not for the connected attributes site:

Back End Demo: http://demo.presto-changeo.com/1604aw/bodemo/a
Username: demo@demo.com
Password: 12demo34

Front End Demo (Connectted to back end above): http://demo.presto-changeo.com/1604aw/bodemo/5-attribute-wizard-test-product

Thanks!

Thanks, but could I see a screenshot for the module configuration too?

I have tried to recreate the same config as in your sample (in my site and also in a new prestashop installation, both prestashop v1.5.6.1), and when I select 8Gb instead of 16Gb, color are not being changed, I'm getting the message 'THIS COMBINATION DOES NOT EXIST FOR THIS PRODUCT. PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER COMBINATION.' and also this error in console:

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: aw_sel_grp is not defined aw_product.js:1320

Here you can see it in the new clean installation:

http://francardenas.com/prestashop/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=1

And this is the module configuration:

attributes.jpg

Also, is there any way to show product options before the add to cart button only? I have tried adding the hook {hook h="awProduct"} but it still being showed too below the add to cart button, and I want it above only.

Thanks!

It sounds like you used the custom hook in a wrong place, it cannot be placed inside a <form> tag

If you hook the module in the custom hook, you would need to remove it from the original (product footer) hook.

If you have any other technical issues, please use the contact form on our site and send all the info we request there

No, right now I don't have the custom hook added, it's just as default, but this really doesn't matter for now. The most important now is the problem I explained above, if you go here http://francardenas.com/prestashop/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=1 you will see that colors don't change when I select another Disk Space option and the console shows the error Uncaught ReferenceError: aw_sel_grp is not defined

Anyway I'll contact directly via contact form.

Thanks!

v1.6.1 released

* Added new hook options (ExtraRight + a new custom hook).

* Added ability to select a hook directly from the configuration page.

* Fixed issue with first add to cart (PrestaShopS 1.6)

* Fixed JS error when using PrestaShop 1.6 with a non bootstrap theme.

* Fixed backwards compatibility with PrestaShop 1.5

* Fixed total price display when using Ecotax

Hi tomerg3,

I'm really interested in your module, I think it could solve a lot of issues I'm facing.

Just few questions:

1. is it multilanguage?
  2. I need not more than 4/5 attributes per product so I think this module will do the job, isn't it?
  3. I need connected attributes: first choose the size, then version (let's say "A" or "B"); if the user chooses "A" then give her a choice of three colors, else show no colors: can it be done?
  4. last but not least: I'm using zensation theme http://zensation16.polcoder.com/en/dresses/31-tex-viva-fitted-dress.html and I'm wondering if the output could be adapted to the right column of my theme (under size and quantity)

Thanks!

Marco

1) It supports multiple languages just like any proper PrestaShop module does.

It does not change anything regarding attributes / combinations, those will show multiple languages if you translated them.

2) Yes, as I mentioned above, the module does not change anything about how attributes work, so if attribute work on your product page without the module, they will work with it (if you have too many and get a blank page, our module will behave the same way).

3) PrestaShop requires 1 selection from each attribute group. our module can hide / disable options that do not exist, but you will need to have 1 attribute selected (it can be with a value of "None" or "Not Available"

4) The module comes with a custom hook that you can place anywhere in your site, as long as it's not inside a <form> tag

Hi tomerg3,

and thank you for your fast reply. I think I need your advice for two other details:

Can I use the product combinations generator to create a set of combinations and then handle everything with the module?

How does connected attributes work? I didn't find any reference to it in your BO (but maybe I'm wrong...)

Marco

PrestaShop already has connected attributes, simply in the way they are used (1 attribute from each group).

You can create the combinations with the generator, and by deleting some of them you are essentially making the dependent (by not allowing all to be selected will all).

PrestaShop by default will show a message that a combination does not exist if you had deleted it, our module will hide the options that are not available, and avoid the display of that message.

You can see the demo page we created at http://demo.presto-changeo.com/1604aw/tshirts/1-faded-short-sleeve-tshirts.html, if you look at the combinations, you will see that we created all 16 options with the generator, and then deleted the ones we want to not be available http://www.presto-changeo.com/23-376-thickbox/attribute-wizard.jpg

Hi Tomer,

does it support RTL language like Arabic? also is it possible to arrange the items and checkboxes horizontally ? if yes how? as i tried doing it in the BO but couldnt find a way, also can i decide how many items to be displayed in the raw? thank you

The module does not have any code specific to RTL, it should behave like everything else in PrestaShop.

If you click on the attribute group name in the config page of the module, you can control the way to display them (vertical or horizontal) as well as the number of attributes per row

Thanks Tomer for your prompt answer, But i need the RTL feature, is it possible you can help me to do it when i purchase the module? also, it seems that the BO is old and need to be updated, please check the image as there is no option for Horizontal or vertical alignment. finally, is it possible to upgrade to the Pro version later on ? 

post-991058-0-94667100-1433261971_thumb.jpg

Edited by yazant

yaz: We cannot provide support for customization of modules, however we do try to point in the right direction when possible.

Checkbox and drop down groups have only 1 element, so there is no alignment option for them, it is available for radio buttons.

You can upgrade to the pro and pay the difference

taou: If you create all combinations using the generator and then delete the ones you do not want to allow, the module will be able to hide / disable their selection.

Hello,

In your demo, I saw it was possible to select the item eg Reference. And the other is displayed normally?

Is it possible to use the declinations generator for items that do not use the module?

Thank you

The attribute limit is a PrestaShop limitation, not a module limitation.

The Pro version changes the way combinations are added and handled, so you would never need even close to 1,000 combinations.

JH1    0

Attribute Wizard Popup (PS 1.6.1.7)

Issue: After I open the popup, I must add something to the cart to get the popup to close.

Is it possible to have the popup close by clicking outside of the popup, similar to how clicking outside of the thickbox image popup closes the thickbox?

Everything else is working and displaying really well for me with the exception of how I assume the popup wizard is supposed to function. Using the wizard in page works perfectly and I am quite happy with the module. If I could get the popup to close without adding product to the cart, that would be fantastic.

Jh1: Glad to hear everything is working well.

To close the popup, the following Javascript code should be used, you can add it to a button, or to an onclick event

$("#aw_container").fadeOut(1000);
$("#aw_background").fadeOut(1000);
aw_customize_func();