Paypal update from SSL 3.0 to TLS

anne101

I solved only a part of this issue.

Following this discussion url: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224660-solved-how-to-remove-fontsgoogleapiscom-from-theme/

withe Vekia's suggestions... 

...I changed the code in header.tpl to eliminate the problems due to googleapis fonts that are a part of issue called Mixed Content blocking SSL/TLS communication with paypal payment system. 

However I still have to resolve the other part of the issue, regarding the mixed contents associated to the images (miniature or entire) that I have in a specific product page.

I am using the default theme of Prestashop v. 1.6.0.9 called default-bootstrap. So, please, have you any suggestions to transform the image loaded in each product page like a media https instead of http ?

This is an example of errors/warnings generated in google chrome console (CTRL+SHIFT+j) at issue generation:

and other ones similar.

PS: I am undestanding this problem a little at a time so I have open some discussions to have help. When i will resolve this issue (I hope as soon as possible) I suggest the correct procedure in each discussion and add the solved consideration.

Thanks in advance.

Urgent!!!

I just got a call from paypal and said ALL merchants needs to upgrade their paypal module to version 3.8

however, from the previous feed in this forum it seems that only paypal europe module is being affected.

can someone please tell me whether i need up download the paypal europe module instead??

my paypal module version is 3.5.8 and there is no 'update it' button in my backend

Paypal saying they will completely disable the SSL3.0 and i need to update it!!

HELP!!

Cathy

• 4 weeks later...

I am using PS 1.4.8.2 and Paypal module 2.8.7.   I am based in the USA.  On January 12, I got the following message:

Hi,   Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:   PayPal response:
-> 
PayPal returned error

Official Prestashop posts in this thread said I should manually install Paypal module 3.8, but when I check out that module, it is called "Paypal Europe."  And then other posters say Paypal module 3.8 messed up their system...so that worries me.  Then other messages in this thread said that modules as old as mine should NOT need updating, but that's not true either. 

I contacted the developers who did some customization for me a couple of years ago, and the estimated time for updating the Paypal API is *2 days!!*  How is that possible?  Can someone please tell me what should be done for my system?  It can't be that difficult, can it?

Thank you,

Heather 

• 2 weeks later...

Prestashop v1.4.8.2

Paypal v3.8.1

I'm getting a mostly blank page on the order page and with error logging enabled have this error... 

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Context::getMobileDevice() in /home/pbracing/public_html/modules/paypal/paypal.php on line 567

Can someone suggest a fix for this please?

Hi guys/girls,

Just had this issue myself, i recently just had a customer attempting to make a purchase and i was recieving the following email message as the other user;

Hi,   Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module   A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:   PayPal response:
-> 
PayPal returned error

After reading through this forum thread, I followed Bellini's instructions.. which was as follows;

The module you are currently using is "Paypal Europe".  The module name was changed around the release of v3.6

So yes, you need to upgrade the module in order for it to connect properly to Paypal

I logged into the Prestashop modules, searched "Paypal 3.8" and was presented with the 'Paypal Europe' module, and if you look carefully down under the module information it quotes that the version number is "3.8"

I then downloaded the module, went to my Modules section in my shop, unistalled the Existing V3.6.6 Paypal Europe module, and uploaded the zipped module just obtained.

Then installed the module.

Before configuring the module, I went to Paypal and REMOVED my existing API credentials, obtained a new set, and configured them to the new V3.8.

I attempted to do a sandbox test, (didnt hit the save button, hehehehe) and proceeded to put a live order through my shop, all the payment went through fine, now I have to deliver myself my product. hehehe.

Hopefully this can help others..

Regards,

Alistair

banner_logo_400x97.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest locen

Hi,

I received email from paypal that by June 17 they will update certificates.

What will I do? 

please help me 

Thanks