Prestashop 1.6 Override priority order

Mickeel

Hi,

I'm making many modification for modules in prestashop. But what is currently in my mind is, how is really work.

We have several location to override module or template:

1. from theme through "themes/themename/modules"

2. from override folder

But in case we put modification of module AxA at override folder, then we install new theme that also override AxA, which override will be used? Is it the files inside override folder or inside themes folder?

Thanks

EDIT1:

I just tried override a module class I just bought through /themes/[themename]/modules/[modulename]/
(the original file is in /modules/[modulename]. But when I did that, the module doesnt work at all. Is this mean that we cant replace module class php file from theme folder?

EDIT2:

I just tried to move the override file to override/modules folder, but seems like it doesnt work.

Is there any place where we can put modified files? because I want to keep all modification in separated folder for our development team.

Edited by Mickeel (see edit history)

You cannot override module php files. 

This folder is used to override module template files

/themes/[themename]/modules/[modulename]/

You should probably read this

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Overriding+default+behaviors

So only template and mail template that can be overridden?

I read the doc already, but it doesnt specifically say that we can't module class php. Does this mean that we can only override prestashop core class and controller ?

So only template and mail template that can be overridden?

I read the doc already, but it doesnt specifically say that we can't module class php. Does this mean that we can only override prestashop core class and controller ?

yes, it means that you can override only prestashop core class and controllers (and modules .tpl / .css / .js files with theme)