In-Store Pickup

I'd like to offer in-store pickup as one of my shipping options. I've already configured it within my back office, but for some reason it doesn't show up as an alternative to UPS when I pretend I'm a customer and try to go through the checkout process. I've enabled it in back office, and I believe I've actually gotten this to work before, so I don't know what's changed...please help!

• 1 month later...

Something similar happened to me. A customer of mine messaged me that he couldn't complete checkout, since he was stuck at the Shipping part of the checkout process. Which was weird... because just like you, I thought I have configured everything to my shop's needs.

Then I noticed something... Default store pick-up was gone... and I had my second carrier with ID = 6. I tried to make changes and ID increased. Strange... Then I noticed this thread and so I went to the PHPMyAdmin to check things out.

First thing to go for is the table named ps_carrier. You'll find a list of carriers there. Wow... 17 carriers I never created... or did I? After some dwelling I figured that carriers are NEVER really edited. There's a column named deleted, so whenever you make changes to one carried, what Prestashop actually does is that the one you're edited is first updated to deleted status (as in changed from 0 to 1), and your new settings are actually created as a new carrier entry. This would have been nice to rollback if you want to recover lost data IF at least Prestashop's Back Office had that functionality. Since there isn't one, it's a pretty pointless "feature"/action, imho. This action is particularly a problem because default carrier "1" is absolutely important for the system to work fine. If absent, it just doesn't show up, and anything I tried to create to replicate this behavior simply didn't show up at checkout process.

So go to the ps_carrier table, click on edit the id_carrier row number 1, and change deleted back to 0.
Like it says at the config page, you can leave name to 0 to reflect your shop's name, but in that case the order's summary page will also show 0 next to the shop's logo.

After doing this, you'll probably notice that no logo is displayed at all. Hmm... if you add a logo in Back Office, it will "delete" carrier 1 again, so don't do it. Prestashop doesn't save your image paths on database... it's code generated. After a few inspections on the code (/order.php then /config/config.inc.php), I found out that your carriers' logos are stored in yoursite/img/s folder. And surprisingly... 1.jpg and 2.jpg are not there! Rename your image filenames for each carrier with numbers according to your carrier IDs, and this should work.

Next, if your site offers support for other languages beyond english, you better translate the carrier's information as well. Go to ps_carrier_lang and edit the delay column of the corresponding id_lang either than english for each id_carrier you require (id=1, in this particular case). Should you have trouble finding out which language corresponds to which id, please refer to Back Office » Tools » Languages which also reflects the database table ps_lang.

Of course, like Peter Wilson explained, don't forget to

[...]on its Carrier page (Back Office >> Shipping >> Carriers) exclude shipping costs with the last option, “Disable shipping & handling”.

I've got it working back to normal this way, I hope this helps you too. My Prestashop version is 1.0.

Presta Team... Not sure if this qualifies as a bug... but it sure needs correction.

• 2 years later...

this might be a little too late...

but have you tried adding the Pick up in Store option to the Price Range and Weight Range?

After you do that you just make the shipping fee in the Shipping tab "0" and it will show up in the shipping checkout and FREE.