Product attributes with quantities

Hello, is it possible to let customers select quantities of product accessories?

For example I have a bed as my product and white, yellow, red pillows as accessories. I want to let my customers choose how many of each pillows they want to get with their bed.

Adding different accessories and listing all possible quanitties is not an option, as they can order 1 white, 10 yellow and even 150 of red pillows if they want, that is why I want to give them an option to input the quantity of the accessories.

Any possible solutions or thoughts to get me to the right direction are more than welcome, thanks!

• Like 1

I am also looking for a way of doing this.

One possible option is to use product accessories (your pillows would be accessories of your bed), but, beside the template work, it can be a problem if one's can't order a bed without pillow (the user could delete the accessory from the cart).

Would that work for you shniurs ?

What do mean by accessories?

As we have attributes, features and customization, it should be done with attributes, but there is no standard way of allowing to add wanted quantity on different attributes.

If by accessories you mean features - that is not a solution as it wont affect final price and product quantity.

There are some modules which can do this, but I would like to have a more simple solution then installing a module for this.

Will let you know if I'll find something.

Accessories are a Prestashop functionnality :

An accessory is a product linked to another product.

A product can have severals accessories.

Doc here : http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Products#ManagingProducts-ManagingtheProduct'sAssociations

It could work by modifying template & js to issue several add to cart commands (in a loop). That's something I already did in the past, and works.

Though, I will probably develop something custom and stick with attributes.

Let's keep together up to date on this.

Thanks, never thought about linking products as accessories. It could be a solution,though it would be easier to use attributes as I wouldn't need to create different products and edit template to hide these accessories from showing up in all places except product page.

Edited by shniurs (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am some stuck in a very much similar situations. I am creating a website for fabrics. As you know fabrics are sold per metre and with many colours. What we want to have an option of matching colour thread say e.g cost £1 per role, but one thread per colour or limited quantity. Because people usually order fabrics 100m or upto 1000 or more metres.

Problems:

1. if I added thread as an attribute having impact on price, 100m fabric will get 100 threads roles, and get charged £100, which is not relevant in our situation.

2. if I have to add thread as an accessories, I will have to make thread products for each colour and product, because one fabric may have 20 or 30 colours. Which is a very very long process.

3. if I create just one product name matching thread as a global product and use it as accessories for every product and colour, it won't show information about what product colour customer add it for, hence create more confusions. 

Very much appreciated if anyone have any solution or idea.

Thanks,

Edited by fhpresta (see edit history)

It depends on if you care about inventory management -- if you don't just set the accessories as attributes with a drop down from 0 to 5 or whatever a top maximum is reasonable.

If you care about inventory then try the packs feature -- I have never used it but I think it does what you want.

The problem with pack is you specify each product quantities or attributes in pack once specified that's it. where in my situation I want one product to behave as normal e.g. select quantities, colour etc. 

Pack is good for exceptional and special products, where I want all products to have included with one thread no matter how much quantities product itself have. Drop down as attribute will charge customers multiply to the quantity, where I want to charge customer for only one thread, not for the number of quantities to the products.

where using it as accessories for each colour is extremely long process.

So much appreciated for any suggestion and help.

Thanks,