leemarkwood

[Free Module] Products Export Module V2.7.1 (Updated 23/07/2020)

Module works with Presta version 1.1.05

But I'm missing

-> the product variants and the product URL

And the module doesn't work for me, if I include the field "Image"

Who can add the field "product variants" and "product URL" and can fix the "Image URL" export?

Please help, this is a great tool and I'm looking for this function since a looooong time

Thx

I have made the alteration to add friendly URL field to the export in the attached module.

You will have to uninstall the module and delete the old version from your site then upload this new version, change the permissions to 777/755 for the folder and 666 for the products.csv file, otherwise it wont write to the file.

I have installed your version John and despite changing all the file permissions as advised accordingly all I get is a blank .csv - noticed somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that it worked for them in IE but not FF, I use Chrome and it does not work in all three.

The module appears fine, the tables are present in my database, products.csv is set to 666, exportproducts is set to 777 but all I get is a blank csv without even any header row.

The save set button seems to be inactive too - I'm guessing this is so you can quickly load the same fields again the next time you want to export?

Any suggestions?

I re-installed this module and just added 3 fields as a quick test and it worked fine!!

Trouble is that is now the only csv I can generate, no matter what I try it only exports that original successful csv, no other fields I select will export - just the original successful csv.

The select all and delete selection buttons seem to stop the thing working entirely - the two panels just turn grey with no content after clicking either.

It is the file permissions stoping you accessing more than 3 fields

I tend to use file manager in cpanel to change them as sometimes ftp programs do not always do the change sucesfully.

I have set the permissions as suggested earlier in the thread, exportproducts to 777 and exportproducts/products.csv to 666 - for some reason it seems to be stuck on the original csv I exported. When I go back to modules>exportproducts in the back office those three fields are already in the right side panel, even though the 'save set' button does not seem to do anything - I typed a description in the 'save a field set' box and that does not appear in the load field set drop down so I can only presume it has not worked.

I have refreshed the cache (ctrl+F5) and that has had no effect.

Should a new csv appear in /modules/exportproducts on my server every time I create a new one and click export? there is a file there called products.csv that when I view it contains the info of the one csv I did manage to export.

Try deleting the products.csv file it may allow you to set other fields.

Tried that already - with the same result, I selected more fields and clicked export, then went back to cPanel and products.csv had reappeared with the same 3 field content as before.

Thanks for your input.

Well how about this!

Fed up with messing around with settings and constantly producing blank csv's I thought I would see what happened if I clicked the select all button - as before both panels, 'available fields' and 'selected fields' went a blank grey with no content at all - clicked the export button anyway and incredibly it down loaded a fully populated csv.

Does that give any clues to why I can't produce a csv with fields I have selected?

An oldie but goodie,

I've installed the module just fine, latest version etc. In chrome when exporting the csv it opens in a browser page but not a problem as the csv pulls down easily enough via ftp. My problem is that trying to import the file EXACTLY as it was exported causes the column / fields selection page to go nuts; It shifts the cells around almost as if it found a rogue delimiter despite having tried a few quirky ones and the continuity breaks where I've got an html table within a product description.

My query is that if the csv hasn't been altered at all on the way out, why is there a problem on the way back in if nothing has been changed on the file. I'm using Open Office Calc to export and set the filters to Western Europe (ISO-8859-1), Field delimiter I've tried all sorts and checked Save cell content as shown.

What really confuses me is why something that exists in the database on a live shop is creating an import problem.

Perhaps I need to create a new product spreadsheet from scratch but that kinda defeats the purpose of this module - any walkthrough for dummies type ideas or suggestions ?

Hi, I ask help, that the gross price how it would be possible to select a field ( nettó+TAX) ?
Best Regards Artface

Minor Updated.

Changed the export folder to the root upload folder to avoid permission problems. Hopefully this should fix the blank file problems people have been having.

Also the module has a github repo, so feel free to fork and update. I'll merge any improvements into the master.

http://github.com/lmwood/exportproducts

Hi Imwood,
great export tool !
Are you working on the integration of the:

Product variants and the Product URL...???

I installed the v.04 and when i include the "IMAGE URL" then my product.csv is empty...

How can i fix this?

Thanks a lot and keep going...

I installed successfully but can't find module anywhere and can't get to work. I checked out FTP....no dice. Any suggestions.

I'm a newbie with prestashop so I apologize for the question if it seems a little on the dumb side. I've researched the threads but don't get what the deal is.

Thanks!

If you successfully installed it it should be in folder ../modules/exportproducts and also in list in
Back Office>>Modules under tools.
Click on Configure next to module name and it will show.

I've a problem :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Link::getImageLink() in /prestashop/modules/exportproducts/exportproducts.php on line 200

Prestashop 1.1.0.5

How can I fix it ?

Thanks a lot.

I've solved my problem.

I've replaced the line 200 of productsexport.php with this :

$imagelinks[] = '../images/p/'.$product->id.'-'.$image['id_image'].'.jpg';

I put all pictures I need to import in /images/p/, i made my import and i delete this folder.

Thank you for great work

I do Bulgarian site and when use module i receive in CSV file ?????????????? for description. I read that you add utf8 coding I use too but can't work with module. Do you have any idea where is mistake, or where can add UTF8 collation in script ?

Thanks again

Nikolay

For Imwood: The module is nice and wanted. I installed successfully him, start and

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Link::getImageLink() in .../modules/exportproducts/exportproducts.php on line 201

After change line 201 (viz mat250): $imagelinks[] = '../images/p/'.$product->id.'-'.$image['id_image'].'.jpg';
return snow-white excel page.

Prestashop 1.1.0.5

No you, I´m wood. Help me please.

Hello

a great module and thank you for this .

Would it be possible to add the category number , manufacturer number, supplier number, date added, date updated in the dowloadable .csv file . This would really help in downlaoading the exportproducts file, then working with it by adding products and taking inventory, and then re-uploading via the the import feature.

has anyone tried ?

thank you in advance

Hello,

This module don't work for me (last version 0.4) on Presta 1.3.1, I have this error message :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ...www/modules/exportproducts/exportproducts.php on line 102
can you help, please...
Thanks.

I've got version .4 of this module and I'd like to say it looks to be awesome from everything I've read about it, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I select the fields I want to export and click on the export now button.

However, once it exports to a csv file only the headings are showing up.

I have a feeling it has something to do with permissions, but I'm not sure how to fix this permission.

Also, I have set to 777 and 666 on the correct php files for permissions and reinstalled everything,

Cheers,

Joel

Hey, great module - well done - seems to work fine for me. One question tho - do you think it is possible to amend this module to be able to export/import "digital" products that have a downloadable file attached to them that the customer will download once puchased?

thanks in advance

Well,

I've got to say I'm not really sure what has happened, since I hadn't done anything else to it but the export module is working now. Awesome module

Hi I've been using this module for a while and it has been working perfectly but all of a sudden only the headings are visible in the csv file and no products. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the module but no joy. Please help as this module is wonderful! Thanks!

Louisa

I have been trying to get this to work for ages but to no avail, all I get is a blank file. I looked at my database in PHPAdmin and noticed that there are 2 prefixes for the tables, some have OC like oc_web_browser and some have a OD like od_attachment. I have this working on another shop no problems and there is only one prefix on that database PS. If the problem is the 2 prefix's does anybody know how to work round it?

maxhome, or anyone ;-) :
any idea how to fix any encode probleme ? I use excel for mac, and all my é, ç etc .. become freaky .(Epée become Ep√©e).
I've tried TextEdit, TextWrangler, no way. The only thing I've done only one time and was OK (but can't remember exactly how I did it) was something like :
- copy the text from the browser (....upload/product.csv)
- paste it in TextEdit
- save in unicode
- open it un textewrangler
- save again with options 'utf w/o without Bom (?)
- open un Numbers
-save it for excel
- .... TOO MUCH

Hope my english is anderstandable... Thank all of you (any mac users ?)

I was wondering if that would be possible for my affiliates:

if certain employee logs in there will be only the export module available. Currently the permissions support only the modules all together but not specific modules.

One of my affilites doesn't recognize the XML and they insist me to send the products info in .xls format which I keep forgetting all th time. This way hthere would be a good solution.

This Product Export Module can't export Chinese nor Bulgarian characters. They all become like "??????".
English characters work.
Was the UTF-8 support accidentially removed ?

Thank you to both the OP for the module and jhnstcks for adding the product url. this is exactly what I needed.

Thank you !

Thanks for the module

Please can you develop it so we can also export the url of the product? this way we can also use your module for data feeds.

aga,

you should have read the entire thread. jhnstcks has modified it to include friendly url. post #196

Can the export .CSV be 1 item in a 1 row in this specific order accurate so this is the case

"ID", "BRAND", "PRICE", "CURCODE", "name", "DESCRIPTION", "LINK", "IN_STOCK", "EAN", "UPC", "STVARTIKLA", "MODARTIKLA", "SLIKAVELIKA "" FILEUNDER "," Warranty "," CUIN "voucher", "gift"
"1", "manufacturer name", 45.26, "EUR", "name of the product", "Description of the first product", "http://link-do-izdelka-1.si", "In Stock", "" ,"","",""," http://Povezava-do-slike-1.jpg "," Product category "," 2 years "," CX00118BA1 ","",""
"2", "manufacturer name", 45.26, "EUR", "Name another product", "Description of another product", "http://link-do-izdelka-2.si", "In Stock", "" ,"","",""," http://Povezava-do-slike-2.jpg "," Product category "," 2 years "," CX00110005 ","",""
"3", "manufacturer name", 45.26, "EUR", "third product name", "Description of the third product", "http://link-do-izdelka-3.si", "In Stock", "" ,"","",""," http://Povezava-do-slike-3.jpg "," Product category "," 2 years "," CX00333554 ","",""

One question...
does someone know how to export only active products into csv and not the whole database?

and yeah... to make UTF-8 work... change ISO-8859-1 to cp1250 in exportproducts.php

All I'm getting is a blank file after selecting fields and clicking export.

Any clues as to how to fix?

• Like 1

Hello, can nyone please upload it with 1 for one row, other item for another row...they sty all in the same row :(

Regards
Marcelo

I have plans to fix all of the current bugs soon.

* blank exports.
* image urls.
* utf8 support.

etc.

Great news. After several hours trying to put it to work I've just deleted it form my FTP and DB. When the new version is available, I will try again. One bid I have. Please include also EAN on exportfile and possibility to work with languages with other characters, like german, french, swedish and so on.

Thank you.

Those having problems with blank CSV files, could you please send me a SQL dump of your products table and products_lang table.

That will allow me to fully test and fix problems relating to data.

Updated Module to v0.5

- Added EAN13
- Changed the export file to stream instead of saving to disk. Should fix file permission problems.

I'm still using 0.4. I didn't have any trouble with saving the download to my hd so haven't updated.

can anyone tell me how to save the categories as their number instead of by their name? I think I need to change this line in the php?

(12, 'Categories', 'id_category_default', 'products', 0),

thanks for any help.

or maybe it is this section I need to change?

if(isset($export['id_category_default'])) {
                   $categories = $product->getIndexedCategories($export['id_product']);
                   foreach($categories as $cat) {
                       $category = new Category($cat['id_category'], 1);
                       $cats[] = $category->name;
                   }
                   $export['id_category_default'] = implode(",", $cats);
               }

I'm still using 0.4. I didn't have any trouble with saving the download to my hd so haven't updated.

can anyone tell me how to save the categories as their number instead of by their name? I think I need to change this line in the php?

(12, 'Categories', 'id_category_default', 'products', 0),

thanks for any help.

Change line 189ish

from
                        $cats[] = $category->name;

to

$cats[] = $category->id_category;

thanks alot, john !

and thanks again the OP for offering this module. I'm running 1.3.1 with hostgator as my host and I haven't had any issues at all. I use chrome and just click the export button and it automatically downloads to my hd.

thanks again.

This will get you all the category id's for the product with a little less code.

$categories = $product->getIndexedCategories($export['id_product']);
                   foreach($categories as $cat) {
                       $cats[] = $cat['id_category'];
                   }
                   $export['id_category_default'] = implode(",", $cats);
               }

OR if you just want the main cat id.

$export['id_category_default'] =  $product->id_category_default;
              }

I have not tested the above code though so make sure to backup the file before editing it.

Using V1.2.5 I installed the module via the installer in the admin, cant find it anywhere in my list of modules?
Any ideas?

Worth to try

.... Aeh? Is that english?

I renamed the module from exportproducts_V5 to just export products, manually uploaded via FTP and it sorted it out.
Strange, not seen that issue before with it saying it was installed but not showing in the admin.

To the designer of the module: Thank you very much for a slick interface and good product. Do you have any plans to include attributes and their prices into the export at some stage?

Using V1.2.5 I installed the module via the installer in the admin, cant find it anywhere in my list of modules?
Any ideas?

Hmm I've always installed modules by uploading them through FTP as its a safer option. Do you get any error messages when installing from the admin?

If you had an old version of this module installed that's probably the reason for it not installing through the admin screen. I'd uninstall the old module then delete it's folder through ftp before installing the new version.

Hello, no.. thats the weird thing was that when uploading via the admin it said module installed but I could not see it anywhere. I even logged out cleaned our cookies and cache etc and back in again to check. Searched page etc... no luck.

But then when I changed the folder name from "exportproducts_V5" to just "exportproducts" and uploaded via FTP, it could be viewed and installed fine.

Not had any issues with the auto installer in the past. Anyhow, all is good now and the export working thanks.

Was there any info about product attributes and their prices?

I had plans on adding in Attributes, Features, Category's at a later date but probably for a small fee. e.g. £10 or less.

Also with regards to the admin installer it probably don't like underscores.

ThanX Imwood for the module.

downloaded V0.5 (Zip file) and extracted it but I don't see anything that resembles a module. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Dan

The only issue with the download is the fact that the module isn't in a directory inside the zip file. I'll upload it again with the files inside a directory.

I had plans on adding in Attributes, Features, Category's at a later date but probably for a small fee. e.g. £10 or less.

I would be happy to pay for this feature.

I deinstalled V 0.4 and loaded all files from v 0.5 to ftp. Yesterday I had no buttons to select. Today with the brand new version I also cannot select any field. Buttons are missing. I deleted all twice and reloaded new version to ftp. The same error. No buttons to select.

What is here missing, what it is not included in dowloadfiles ?

cd2500,
By the looks of it the database tables have not been removed and installed correctly. Firstly uninstall the module in the admin module page then if you have a database admin tool, remove the tables ending with export_fields and export_set. After those tables have been removed simply click install in the admin module page and everything should work as intended.

Sorry, but I don'thave ps_export_fields and ps_export_set in my database. Where should I found them ? I also used the search from Heidi-SQL to find any text, table or column with export_fields as search. Nothing found.
What I found is in ps_module an "exportproducts" although I tried again to deinstalled it and deleted it from FTP. I cannot deinstall it on BO - error: the following module cannot be correct deinstalled: exportproducts".

Should I delete in DB the ID exportproducts too ?

So I got it. I deleted at ps_module the "exportproducts" , loaded the new on ftp and reinstalled it. Now is all working. Thxs. for the great Module. It works with 1.3.1.1. and german characters too.

about the categories again:

I used jhnsticks line and now have the category id instead of name but when the module exports the categories, it doesn't put the default category first. if you import it back as is then prestashop changes the default category to the first category in the list. so the only way to reupload with the category field is to edit each one and put the default category back to the front.

I sell unique, vintage items which can be in several categories. I am restructuring my store and wanting to change the categories of a couple of thousand products. this export has worked well to change titles and friendly urls but is driving me crazy with the out of order categories.

I hope this makes sense. so, does anyone know what line I would have to change to force it to list all categories a product is currently in AND make the default category id the first number in the list exported? as an example. lets say its in category 1,2,3 and I want 3 to be the default category. it should be exported as 3,#,# but it does not, the 3 is sometimes at the end, sometimes in the middle but when it is imported, if I forget to change that it will change the default category to the first in the list.

thanks again.

installs works fine but when im try to export exportproducts-ajax gifs a blank page in return. anyone an id?

Hi all,

Great module Imwood!
I installed v0.5. Works grate. except when I export Long description I don't get some LT simbols. For example
"Persp?jimo signal? " it should be "Perspėjimo signalų" I don't have ė and ų simbols. Can anyone explain what am I doing wrong?

Sorry for pure english

I got another problem using v0.5! When I look in the exported csv file I've two notices that shows up all the time (for every product) and these are:

Notice: Undefined variable: inc_images in /var/www/mysite/modules/exportproducts/exportproducts-ajax.php on line 86
Notice: Undefined index: wcurrency in /var/www/mysite/modules/exportproducts/exportproducts-ajax.php on line 136

I didn't have it in the earlier version, so could someone give me a hint what to do?

Thanks!

skalman63 you might want to turn off display_errors in your php.ini as at the moment you have it turned on which will cause it to show error Notices and other server Errors.

I'll make sure all of my variables are defined to ensure no "Notices".

The export works perfectly.

My only confusion is only the image file location part. In the export file, the images are shown as being located in folders which I can't see on my server. They are having numbers like /10-261/ and /13-255/ etc, see attachment. Any idea what this is?

The problem starts when I worked on the file and doing import into PS again - it breaks i.e. images won't show up.

Anyone please help..

34718_52X28ppGPnu28yZo2EjE_t

I was wondering if anyone has gotten v .5 to work in anything except IE. I get the traditional blank csv file with the headers from Chrome and Firefox, but everything is peachy in Internet Explorer. I know a number of people had this problem in earlier versions.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

HI - this module is what we are looking for - however just like several other PS users, we are unable to view the created file. Excel opens the file but all we see is the headers for the columms of data (no data of course)

We have read the many posts and can see other PS users with the same problem.

But whilst there seems to be wording of fixing this issue - the fix has not worked.

We downloaded the module from the 1st post, we run XP using IE 8

If anyone has any ideas would love to hear from you.

Ian

Just added

There are two download links in the 1st post - 2nd link downloads and opens (we used this one) but the 1st link although downloads - winzip informs us that the file is corrupt and will not open it. Same goes for the file on the authors web site - win zip states file is corrupt.

Please advise further

don't want to be the party pooper for lmwood but there is also another free export module called moussiq over at http://www.prestashop-module.de/lang-en/schnittstellen/63-moussiq-exportmodul-fur-produkt-und-preissuchmaschinen.html. use this myself and it works just fine. great support included. they charge for the predefined export modules but those are not needed for a pure data export.

phil

Thanks for this! Only thing it's missing is a product url, but thankfully prestashops links are just product.php?id_product="product_id" so not hard to get them.

Great mod! It's the only one I can use that doesn't max out memory resources.

can this module then import?

This i want to know to. I need this so i can use to export and import. In prestashop the export and the export it`s shitty

Anyone got it working with UTF-8 format ?

When i export i always get musem?tte and it needs to say musemåtte

Same problem so I've changed exportproducts-ajax.php

$export_final[$field] = iconv("UTF-8", "cp1250//TRANSLIT", $export[$field]);

to

$export_final[$field] = iconv("UTF-8", "UTF-8", $export[$field]);

And everything works great now.

to

I made this change and now, i only get the headline but non products.

@114

Yes features are possible but won't be in just yet. I've already done features, accessories and attributes in my own personal version but I really need to write the import side of things before releasing those as it will not work with the standard import.

Hello Imwood,

Thank you for this module. I am going to use this module to export .csv to Ebay Turbo Lister and or Inkfrog so I can list my website products on Ebay without the double work of listing each product. After I made some changes, it's finally working but I need to figure out how to get features/attributes to export. I don't plan on importing the data back to Prestashop. I only plan on using it to export. Since you already figured this out can you please tell me what code to add and what database fields need to be made or can I please download your features export version that you made.

Thank you so much for your help

to

Here is my file

exportproducts-ajax.php

to

Here is my file

Thats googlebase you have added..

to

Here is my file

Thats googlebase you have added..

:) sorry. My fault. googlebase is for another post.
exportproducts-ajax.php attached now :)

exportproducts-ajax.php

Hi Imwood:
I just intall your module in a ver. 1.2.5, the istall was ok, I gave permission 777, when I want to configure the module in the BO I can't see the Available Fields and the Selected Fields, see attached.
What can it be?
Thanks.

38084_xA5z12gfXLV9QsgpNQaI_t

• Like 1

:) sorry. My fault. googlebase is for another post.
exportproducts-ajax.php attached now :)

Now i just have to open it in notepad, and save it as ANSI than excel will see it as øæå and not as:

Ã¥=å
æ=æ
ø=ø

I don't know if i know a fix for that also, but it will be great.
Thanks alot

Can someone answer me is it possible to export to a CSV file then update the product description and meta tags etc, then reupload with all the new information?