[Free Module] Products Export Module V2.7.1 (Updated 23/07/2020)

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Export Products Export products generate's a CSV file which will match the Prestashop import functionality. This allows you to quickly make bulk changes to your store with minimal effort. Fe

Any Request for the update version   Would it be possible to choose categories (if possible several selections) means only the categories selected will be exported ? Possible to import the pictures

Managed to upload this module on Prestashop 1.6.1.17 but it only exported 125 Products out of 600.  Just the same problem as FlyClothing above.   I have a suspicion that it may be crashing o

Posted Images

Finally an export module that works well for me. Except one little thing : If i choose French, it still export all the products names and categories in english. Is there any way to fix that ?
Thanks.

Getting further for me. No errors anymore. Can install / uninstall ok. Attached picture shows what I see. (Nothing to click?)

- Graham

Is it a version 0.2?

* @version 0.1

$this->version = '0.1';

I have a PS v.1.1 and it do not work.
With the v.1.2 is OK.

Its due to you having alot of html code in the descriptions by the looks of the screenshots. Have you tried using different delimiters?

I have tried using "," which didn't work so well so I tried using "|" which shouldn't be in any HTML code or descriptions, which still gave the same results I don't surpose you have any other suggestions ? :)

lmwood jsut a little question
Why when i click on "Format Currency" the format is not € but EUR.
I changed the ISO code of the currency in Prestashop but where does this code EUR?
Thanks

hello

I work with your module i'ts great

i just have one thing who doesn't work

when i export i don't have the i just have the separator :
",,,,"

do you know this problem

thanks

@101

Not 100% sure why you get the wrong language. I'll look into fixing this at some point soon.

@102

The version numbering just hasnt been updated and currently yes it does not work for 1.1. I will attempt to do some backward compatibility for the next release.

@103

I haven't experienced the problems your having at the moment. You could try more obscure delimiters, ¦ perhaps? Could you possibly send me the exported sheet so I can have a closer look at the problem ?

The 500 Internal Server error are generally down to configuration of the server. This module would not cause the problems your having are you sure you havent altered any of prestashops files? added another module? the best way to find the cause of the problem is to look at your error logs for the server.

@104

The currency format will be removed from my next version as it's really not a requirement from 99% of users and will not work correctly for a prestashop standard import. For now I suggest you just remove the EUR manually.

@105

Not idea why you only get ",,,,". Never had this issue. I'll take a look at the code and see if there would be anything that can cause it.

The currency format will be removed from my next version as it's really a requirement from 99% of users and will not work correctly for a prestashop standard import. For now I suggest you just remove the EUR manually.

1) remove in Excel exactly?

2) For french and with Excel, a coma as separator is the best (calcul with excel)

the symbol EUR is not important, just the coma

Can I not make changes in your code?
Thanks

If you remove the EUR and format the column to use , instead of . in Excel it should do the trick.

You are more than welcome to edit my code.

The line that formats the price is

$export['price'] = $product->displayWtPriceWithCurrency($params, $smarty);

Hi i tried to replace

$export['price'] = $product->displayWtPriceWithCurrency($params, $smarty);

by something like

$export['price'] = str_replace(".", ",", $product);

or

$export['price'] = str_replace("EUR", "", $product->displayWtPriceWithCurrency($params, $smarty));

but that's not correct!! grrrr.

is it posible?
thanks

maxhome try to replace this line

$export_final[$field] = iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1//TRANSLIT", $export[$field]);

to

$export_final[$field] =iconv("UTF-8", "ISO-8859-1//IGNORE", $export[$field]);

That way when you check "Format Currency? e.g. £99.00, 99,00 EUR" your currency formatting will remain.

@103

I haven't experienced the problems your having at the moment. You could try more obscure delimiters, ¦ perhaps? Could you possibly send me the exported sheet so I can have a closer look at the problem ?

The 500 Internal Server error are generally down to configuration of the server. This module would not cause the problems your having are you sure you havent altered any of prestashops files? added another module? the best way to find the cause of the problem is to look at your error logs for the server.

hello lmwood thank you for the quick reply :)

attached is my products CSV

to fix the server problem i did a reinstal of prestashop im sure your right and it was somthing i did :)

products.csv

I need help anyone. I installed the module to test and then deleted. I reinstalled and now the available fields are blank. I was reading the previous post and it suggested removing ps_export_fields and ps_export_set. No such tables in PHP my Admin.

Can anyone help me get this reinstalled??

Thanks

17428_IOV7jotWBHRBZKEunBMp_t

@114

On line 259 the csv lines are wrote to the products.csv file

fputcsv($f, $export_final, $delimiter, '"');

If you replace the double quote '"' with a different character you will probably solve your problems.

@115

Yes features are possible but won't be in just yet. I've already done features, accessories and attributes in my own personal version but I really need to write the import side of things before releasing those as it will not work with the standard import.

@116

What version of prestashop are you using? Something must have been left behind by the install. Are you sure the database doesnt have any reference to export_fields or export_set?

Sorry I am completely new to this and have checked the entire thread and found nothing to help. When I run the module everything works fine however when I click on export all I get returned on the next page are the titles of the information I selected to Import. eg: name, price, images

That is all I see, I am sure this is a simple fix for you guys I hope? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Hello,

First, great module! I really like it..

However, i need to create a pricelist.. And thus need the EAN code to be exported too.. And the direct url (deeplink) of the product.. Could you implement this?

Great job!

This is a great module. To create avalid googlebase feed, we need the product URL. Can you please update the module so it will include the product URLS? Thanks In Advance.......JOE

Hi, i install right now the module and in the 1.2.5 works perfectly, without any problem.
TKS TKS TKS

but i have a problem when, using the Tools-->Import :
i select the file, i upload it, i make all the choices correct but after, when i push the button next appear a long message and the new products aren't uploaded; is a problem of CSV file saved from excell 2003 ? i need to set something around ? can be a language problem? i use italian.
i tested it with both firefox and explorer but same results.
Many tks for all

Here what i get after the NEXT button push :

import csv problem.txt

tks for answers but also with the CSVedit ... same results.
I splitted to English language but same results.

i don't think is the CSV file (is ok on the CSVedit), I think is something on Presta

i was on OS commerce and i exit from it 'cause too much time to understand what to do ...
here things are a lot easier and more professional and if possible i'd like to help the comunity but why not to propose versions of PrestaShop that yet include the most usefull modules and so on, to exit from languages and other things problems ?
I can translate all you need ...

no, on the browser nothing happens.
when i click NEXT STEP, the window change and appear :

Please set the value type of each column

and after all the data i posted before in the file.

Seems that the dbase or the import tool or php aren't OK, or they need some "work".
I open the CSV in excell and is ok, in edit too is ok.

i'm working in localhost on my PC, that's can be a problem ?
I use as separator the ; (i've yet tested the , but no results)

i attach the CSV, if it can be useful

P.S. why not to add a IMPORT button on your module that work perfectly as your export ? :)

products(4).csv

Nice, really nice ...

the Only matter that can explain it is that you are on excell 2007 and i in 2003 ...

let's do a test : can you send me a your csv file, just few record and i try to import it to see if it works ?

Hello Imwood

I installed succesfuly your Export Products v0.2, but when
I click on "Export now" button it shows me http 404 error page.

Do I have to set a mysql database or something?

Do u have any manual?

Thanks

Hello Imwood

I done what zou told me and it works I was able to create products.csv
and it was located in modules folder in exportproducts in ftp.

But how can I import it back to prestashop once I modify products.csv
I tried it through "import" in administration panel but it did not upload this file

Hi - have tried installing theis module numerous times, and always get error message. Initially with insertion of database tables - I ran the query and installed manually - module then appeared in Tools menu, but on trying to install I get module did not install message - see pic.

I Installed verion 2, but says version 1 -- am running Prestashop 1.2.4

Why can I not install this?

Thanks

Baz

17894_R19woy5aEO4UHkUZc8Ev_t

Hello

The Export Module is a great module !

However i'm having a problem with exporting the categories of my product list. All information is exporting except for the categories collum which is blank. so someohow there may be a problem with the module with the exporting of the categories within this file. Is there a solution to this problem that we should be aware of ?

Bonjour

ce moduleest super. Mais un souci est que la categories ne saffiche pas dans le fichier cvs ... Comment regler ce problem ? merci en avance

Ok - getting there it is installed now, and exports a csv file... but the file is only 2bytes big!

Am exporting a blank csv file - there are over 400 products. Any Idea why file is blank?

Thanks

Baz

Still getting a totally blank csv file. File is created ok when clicking export now button - but completely blank - am I missing something?

Do I need to save a set prior to exporting? What should correct file permissions be for this module?

Thanks

Baz

You just need to set the permissions of the exportproducts folder to allow the server to write the export csv to it.

chmod 777 will fix it, although that's not the best solution.

Baz try this

Hello, this works great, but i'm having a strange problem. It opens the csv in the browser. I first thought it's from the settings i have in firefox, but the same thing happens in Safari, Opera and Chrome. Only browser that asks to save is IE6.
Any solution to this?

And the same problem with caregories. I only get the Home category, all the others are just "," instead of the name.

Tx, vietnam, i'm glad to see it works for you.

I think it may have something to do with the language. For some reason, all my products are id 2 or id 3 in my database. I've added some products on localhost and they have 3 entries in product_lang, one entry for each language. They export ok, with category listed. But i have around 1500 products already entered, can't there be something done from the script to pick the second and 3rd language? In case this is actually the problem.

Abh change line 187 exportproducts.php

$category = new Category($cat['id_category'], 1);
to
$category = new Category($cat['id_category'], $lang);   

or replace 1 with 2 or 3 ,your language ids.

Thank you, the $lang saved me. Now i have to go search for another thread for my import problems :down:

Oh, and any idea why it only promts to save in ie6? Every other browser opens the csv in the same page. Works fine on localhost...

@baz

Had the same issue. The only button that seemed to work was the Export, and that always returned an empty file.

Opened the configure page up with Firefox and looking at Firebug. The ajax requests were going nowhere, as they were silently returning 500 errors....
Turns out my web provider will not execute php in directories that are chmod 777. That's really smart actually.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is common.

So..the fix is.. edit exportproducts.php and replace /products.csv with /export/products.csv Two places. Line 174 and line
262. Or, put it where ever you want.

Then you can chmod 755 your exportproducts directory.
Create the new export directory.
Chmod that directory 777.

Then everything suddenly started working. Hope that's your problem.

-Daren

The above solution will work but still is just a work around. As in any server environment you should never have any directory with 777 permissions.

The main reason why you get the permissions problem is the fact that you should be uploading the files as the directory's owner then the unsecure permissions of 777 is never required.

You web server is running the php and attempting to create the export file which it cannot do as the folders owner or group is not the same as the web servers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get this to print to screen first rather then the CSV file as I need to show all the products with their images (including sub colours) but display this on the page and not a CSV first

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I've been running the module with the new version 1.3.0.3 and mostly works well, except that the file is empty when it is exported and saved!

I have previously run the module with 1.2 and it has worked well.

Regards
/Kevin

@jhnstcks

To display active you can add

AND p.`active` = 1

to exportproducts.php to look like this

$sql='SELECT p.`id_product`, '.implode(', ', $fields).'
           FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'product as p
           LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (pl.`id_product` = p.`id_product`)
           WHERE pl.`id_lang`=' . $lang . ' AND p.`active` = 1 GROUP BY p.`id_product`

After you can delete it .

I have read everything here and I am at my whits end..

I have decided to quit using prestashop due to the LACK OF INSTRUCTION MANUAL. and fact that there is no organization of instructions.

I NEED to get this module to work to export everything so I can start over.

I have chmod'ed the dir's to 777, I have read everything and added all the mysql data thats required..

I've done EVERYTHING that has been suggested in this thread. and still I get a blank export so my question is what the heck do I do now???

-- update had been trying this in FF, it works in IE only??? I dont use IE unless its to verify my web design..

done that... and it worked... in IE NOT FIREFOX!!!

I like many wish IE would go away, it does not follow W3 rules for website designs worth a crap.

Anyways I was able to get my data.

Bye Prestashop and off to cubecart I go.

done that... and it worked... in IE NOT FIREFOX!!!

I like many wish IE would go away, it does not follow W3 rules for website designs worth a crap.

Anyways I was able to get my data.

Bye Prestashop and off to cubecart I go.

Maybe off topic, but I have just switched to Presta FROM cubecart. I don't know if you have ever tried Cubecart, but one thing is for sure: I will NEVER use Cubecart again! Great instructions maybe, but every little mod costs money and it takes time to modify the code.

Wow what a totally brilliant module THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!

was wondering how the hell I was going to be able to change my instore discount when I had made so many changes since I first uploaded my CSV

YOU ROCK :o)

Louisa

Amazing module!!! Great work. Have just one small request, it has been asked here before for this module. But here goes again. Can u add product url? Or can u describe how i can add it myself?

thanx in advance.

Hello, thx A LOT for this module lmwood !! :-)

Install is ok, page display is ok, but... can't move (drag & drop) buttons to other column...
If I clic "Select All", column is filled and export is working fine, but I can't select just some fields...

Tried with Ffox 3.6, IE8, Prestashop 1.1 / 1.2.5 / 1.3 RC2, on Xampp Win XP, same result, Ffox and IE give me 2 JS errors (here on my local install):

Erreur : missing ) after condition
Fichier Source : http://localhost/PS/modules/exportproducts/js/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js
Ligne : 80
Code Source :
jQuery.ui||(function(c){var i=c.fn.remove,d=c.browser.mozilla&&(parseFloat(c.browser.version)<1.9);c.ui={version:"1.7.2",plugin:{add:function(k,l,n){var m=c.ui[k].prototype;for(var j in n){m.plugins[j]=m.plugins[j]||[];m.plugins[j].push([l,n[j]])[spam-filter],call:f

Erreur : $("#unselected-fields, #selected-fields").sortable is not a function
Fichier Source : http://localhost/PS/admin/index.php?tab=AdminModules&configure=exportproducts&token=d0af90120a22de69f75465afdf843c43
Ligne : 112

Smarty cache cleared, browser cache also.

But, on my linux webhost, it is working... so... ? jQuery is not working on windows platforms ?

Nobody seems to get this error, so... I don't understand my problem... can somebody help me please ?

Hi guys,

thanks for this useful module and all its improvments.

Do you have any idea how to make EAN13 exportable?
I do trying but not being programer is it just not working.

Thanks for any help.

hi, I could really do with getting module to work as it looks great just what I need, I have tried to install it to the admin part and although it says modules successfully installed it dose not shoe up at all. If I upload each file via the cpanel where should I place them?
thanks

Hi all,

I fixed my previous problem, it was a config in Apache with XAMPP on Windows local server.

I tried to export my categories to import it in my new site but when you export only the 'Categories' field, you have multiple same entries in the CSV...
Did I do something wrong ?

This is an awesome module. But I wanted to ask if it was possible to import Product URL. I was trying to add my site to thefind.com and they want product feed in certain way and it requires product url.

thanks for the wonder module again.