PayPal UK

mattlongukmlf

Hi,

I found this a bit tricky to work out too. Althought the UK is not listed in the countries that Paypal Europe is configured for, it does work. I can vouch for it as I have installed this module on v. 1.6.0.9 and haven't had any problems (as yet - touch wood)

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi Minnosh,

Thank you very much for reply. This helps alot to know that PayPal Europe works with UK GBP.

Matt

Hi,

I found this a bit tricky to work out too. Althought the UK is not listed in the countries that Paypal Europe is configured for, it does work. I can vouch for it as I have installed this module on v. 1.6.0.9 and haven't had any problems (as yet - touch wood)

Hope this helps.

Hello I had the module working fine on my site which is a uk site using the iframe setting. I have since change to a paid paypal module by prestochango as google conversion tracking did not work, still got some small problems tracking sales though. Its best to remember the free modules are that free so it may be best to go for paid modules some times.

Hello I had the module working fine on my site which is a uk site using the iframe setting. I have since change to a paid paypal module by prestochango as google conversion tracking did not work, still got some small problems tracking sales though. Its best to remember the free modules are that free so it may be best to go for paid modules some times.

Hi,

Which module exactly do you use these days for Paypal UK GBP,

What kind of problems do you experience with?

Is it worth to use that on Prestashop in the UK? As I am thinking? Or in general use Prestashop in the UK at all if no official Paypal support?

Cheers,

I used Paypal for UK on previous versions of prestashop with no problem and have since upgraded to prestashop v1.6.0.9 and not really had any problems installing/using it. The only glitches I've had is when I had the express settings enabled which caused problems as after the paypal payment page it automatically returned to the website to confirm the order before processing, except the the confirmation of order page was never there, it was just returned to the basket. Anyway, long story short, everything work okay now and no order confirmation from the website needed when the express settings are disabled.

So in short, Paypal Europe works fine for Prestashop UK. If you have any probs with needing to confirm the order on the website to process the payment then just disable the express settings in the module settings.

Why pay for a module when the free one works well and does the job.

• Like 1

Hi Minnosh,

So it means I can go for Presta wit no worries about Paypal UK shopping cart at the end of transaction (from customer's view).

Now with Preta 1.6 is already preinstalled this version:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

As you are saying even if UK is not mentioned there, disabling express settings may make the trick.

I'll give a try then soon.

BTW, I don't get what it's so problematic with Paypal UK, is it matter of Prestta module or Paypal UK?

It's supported in so many EU countries...

Thanks,

Hi Minnosh,

So it means I can go for Presta wit no worries about Paypal UK shopping cart at the end of transaction (from customer's view).

Now with Preta 1.6 is already preinstalled this version:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

As you are saying even if UK is not mentioned there, disabling express settings may make the trick.

I'll give a try then soon.

BTW, I don't get what it's so problematic with Paypal UK, is it matter of Prestta module or Paypal UK?

It's supported in so many EU countries...

Thanks,

Prestashop 1.6 came pre-installed with Paypal USA but I had to download Paypal Europe from the url above that you provided.

On prestashop the shopping basket is integrated and then at the end the customer can choose from the payment method you have enabled from them to select from so you can have Paypal and/or alternative payment methods. Just make sure that you enable these in the BO. Nemo has got some great tutorials on setting up Prestashop 1.6 on youtube and this is one of the areas that he covers. Even though I thought I'd set everything up ok, I still found a few things that I'd missed as 1.6 is set up slightly differently to previous versions of prestashop. If I can find the url I'll post it here.

Good luck.

• Like 1