El Patron

[Module Free] Custom Front Office Default Currency (+ by shop in MultiShop)

front-office-default-currency.jpg

Manage Front Office Default Currency

PrestaShop 1.5 | 1.6 

DOWNLOAD fodefaultcurr.zip

Module Home

• Define Different Default Front Office Currency (+ by shop in MultiShop)
  • Module allows you to define a different Front Office default currency, independent of Back Office default.
  • Supports single or 'by shop for MultiShops' default front office currency.

Module Home

HI, I would like to buy this module if the exchange rate can be auto updated, for example, using google exchange php api. In my case, I want to use usd as the default currency at BO and NZD as the default for FO. The customers buy products in NZD not USD. Please kindly let me know if you would like to help to make the changes, thanks, Shane

oh, my version is 1.5.6.1

HI, I would like to buy this module if the exchange rate can be auto updated, for example, using google exchange php api. In my case, I want to use usd as the default currency at BO and NZD as the default for FO. The customers buy products in NZD not USD. Please kindly let me know if you would like to help to make the changes, thanks, Shane

oh, my version is 1.5.6.1

Hi, the exchange rate update would be done via normal cron job, see back  office-->localization-->currencies-->scroll to bottom to see link to add to cron.  With module you could however have USD in BO and NZD in FO.

Heres my problem:

I got a shop and all products are based on USD and are sold in Mexico, so i display prices on MXN. But when a new customer enters the site see the prices on USD cause that is my default currency, when the USD change rate changes I do it on the shop. So, Cause i´m running an Adwords campaign i want new visitors to see by default prices on MXN, regardless my default currency is in USD.

Will this Module solve my problem?

thx in advance

Heres my problem:

I got a shop and all products are based on USD and are sold in Mexico, so i display prices on MXN. But when a new customer enters the site see the prices on USD cause that is my default currency, when the USD change rate changes I do it on the shop. So, Cause i´m running an Adwords campaign i want new visitors to see by default prices on MXN, regardless my default currency is in USD.

Will this Module solve my problem?

thx in advance

Hi Chris, what is your current version of PrestaShop?  

This module is pretty simple, you install and then in module configuration you set default currency to MXN pesos.  Then when upon visit and no currency in cookie (i.e. first visit or visit with clear cookie), then MXN peso would be displayed.

Happy selling, Fred

This module is pretty simple, you install and then in module configuration you set default currency to MXN pesos.  Then when upon visit and no currency in cookie (i.e. first visit or visit with clear cookie), then MXN peso would be displayed.

Happy selling, Fred

Thx a lot!

front-office-default-currency.jpg

Manage Front Office Default Currency

PrestaShop 1.5 | 1.6 

DOWNLOAD attachicon.giffodefaultcurr.zip

Module Home

• Define Different Default Front Office Currency (+ by shop in MultiShop)
  • Module allows you to define a different Front Office default currency, independent of Back Office default.
  • Supports single or 'by shop for MultiShops' default front office currency.

Module Home

does it supports PS 1.6.1.11 with multishop feature I want to add mexican dollar as currency for front office 

does it supports PS 1.6.1.11 with multishop feature I want to add mexican dollar as currency for front office 

supports all 1.6 releases and multishop...happy day el

supports all 1.6 releases and multishop...happy day el

I installed the module but nothing seems to be changed in front end why is that its a test shop though but should work I change defauly currency to  MXN but no change so as it should convert the currency as well

does it create URL lang in URL actually I will be using different URL and different language too and I dont want /en and /fr /sp to be appear in url as my main site is already indexed and ranking since many years also do I have to installs any other currency converter package or module as well along with this module?

Edited by lovemyseo

I installed the module but nothing seems to be changed in front end why is that its a test shop though but should work I change defauly currency to  MXN but no change so as it should convert the currency as well

does it create URL lang in URL actually I will be using different URL and different language too and I dont want /en and /fr /sp to be appear in url as my main site is already indexed and ranking since many years also do I have to installs any other currency converter package or module as well along with this module?

when testing open chrome incognito window because old cookie will contain currency,  currency is only set when there currency in cookie is  not set.  You will need to enable block currency module for currency selector.

as for language I cannot help that is core change in url...any old link that now has language link works perfectly well as they are what they call canonical urls...

you can pm me if you have issue testing module but there have been no reports of issue since released...(it's  pretty simple program)...:)

when testing open chrome incognito window because old cookie will contain currency,  currency is only set when there currency in cookie is  not set.  You will need to enable block currency module for currency selector.

as for language I cannot help that is core change in url...any old link that now has language link works perfectly well as they are what they call canonical urls...

you can pm me if you have issue testing module but there have been no reports of issue since released...(it's  pretty simple program)... :)

Your module worked like charm excellent thanks [spam-filter] for the help meanwhile last question as I have two site

Main Site .COM : Biophoretics  English Version and targeted for US being set in webmaster

Multi site MX:   Biophoretics Spanish  Spanish version right now implemented google translator widget on it 

My QUestion is if change spanish language for second site will it create with lang in URL /spanish  fpr spanish version and /en for main site english version?

Have you found any post resolving this issue even if I can enable only second site with spanish lang that is fine i want main site to work as it is.

Hi,

I installed the module and set the default front office to MX (Mexican Peso), my defualt currency in my back office is US (dollar). Then I deactivated the currency selection module. But when another user goes into the store the currency goes back to dollars. Am I missing a step?. Do I have to deactivate geolocalzation?  :huh:

Prestashop Version 1.6.1.11

My store; https://tijuanachromeshop.com/

Regards

Edited by TCS

Hi,

I installed the module and set the default front office to MX (Mexican Peso), my defualt currency in my back office is US (dollar). Then I deactivated the currency selection module. But when another user goes into the store the currency goes back to dollars. Am I missing a step?. Do I have to deactivate geolocalzation?  :huh:

Prestashop Version 1.6.1.11

My store; https://tijuanachromeshop.com/

Regards

Hi Geo Location when enabled will set the currency based on country setting.  Warning: geo location will also disallow shippinig for IP's that do not resolve.  Also check your localization page that  you do not have set currency based on language setting enabled.