URL rewriting problem

Jaguaro

Hi,

I have tried to create with CPanel a subdomain redirecting  to a category

ex. xyz.domain.com  --> domain.com/15_xyz

the subdomain didn't work and now this category page doesn't work in prestashop and gives an apache page..

I think that the htaccess has been messed up.. How could I fix it?

Thank you!

Regards,

C

First thing is, have a check whether a folder has been generated in the web folder, /15_xyz/ in your example.

Subdomains often try and make their own folders when being created in cpanel, so that's what I suspect might have happened.. it's possibly finding the folder and then that's overriding ever going to the actual prestashop code

If that's the case, what I'd recommend doing is instead setting the subdomain to go to a different folder that won't conflict with the category url, then just set up a htaccess redirect to send from that url to the main store with the category url.

---

If that's not the case, then could you just clarify whether or not the category is broke in the main domain, or just when you go via the subdomain? I read it as the first, but just wanted to make sure on that.. other than a new directory overriding visiting the main page, I can't think of any other reason a subdomain would break the category.. shouldn't even touch the htaccess in the root web folder