PayPal 3.7.2 and order refunds

sbears

Hi,

Just testing refunding orders with the PayPal Europe version 3.7.2 and PS 1.6.0.9.  I'm finding it is not quite functioning as I expect, but not sure if I'm not following the right process.  I'd be interested to hear feedback in how other people handle it, or if there is a bug and work around.

Scenario 1:

Complete order refund:

Click on the PayPal "Refund total transaction" button. 

This does refund the payment, and sets the order status to refunded and add the transaction details in a message on the order.

But it does not change the refunded / returned / Quantity Available numbers against the product.

We are using advanced stock management, and I do see the product number increase after the transaction, but the order page still displays incorrectly.

It concerns me that this may cause stock management issues

Scenario 2:

Complete order refund:

Click on 'Return Products'

Select the products to be returned

Check restock Products, Generate a Credit Card Slip

Press the return products buttons

This successfully refund the products and seems to update the stock count against the product correctly.

However, If there is a voucher applied to this transaction, The process tries to refund more than the initial transaction and results in the paypal refund failing.

Which leads me to:

Scenario 3:

Partial Refund

Click on 'Partial Refund'

Enter the amount against the product to refund (Total product amount minus discount)

Select Re-stock product

And Refund.

And NO Paypal transaction is performed.  No Error, no record of transaction.

So in summary, the Paypal 'refund total transaction', works but doesn't seem to manage stock levels correctly.  The Return products doesn't let me deal with Cart Voucher / discount. And Partial refund doesn't perform a paypal refund.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Did you ever find a solution to this? Just went live with a new client site and they had to make a partial refund. Prestashop generated a credit slip but order status not changes, refund not made by PayPal etc. So something definitely not working right. We're on PS 1.6.0.14 and PayPal 3.10.

Any advice appreciated.