Deafult product attributes

cammo

Is it possible to have a pop up box appear prompting the user to select an attribute when someone clicks 'add to cart' from the product summary?

I know you can select the attributes from the detailed product page, but the risk of someone adding a t-shirt to their cart from the featured products or just a product summary (where not attributes are selectable) seems a bit risky?

I know you can set the default attribute in the back office, but I just think people will click add to cart without realising they have the default t-shirt size selected and may not think to change it before check out?

I was picturing a small AJAX window popping up when a product with default attribute is added to the cart?

• 5 weeks later...

I have thought the same thing! So far, I just replaced the "Add to Cart" button with a "Select Options" button that goes to the product detail page.

You can modify the product-list.tpl file around line 20 by using {if $product.id_product_attribute} as the check to see if it has attributes. Copy the view button code and rename it to whatever you want it to say, and add it to the line below that if statement. Finally, change the "{if ($product.allow_oosp ..." line to use an elseif instead.

Perhaps when I have more time, I will go back and implement some sort of AJAX popup instead of going to the detail page.

Hope this helps!