Feedback on speed of store

The Report Store

Hi everyone!

I really don't want to take anyone away from their busy day, but we are in the process of changing the store to CDN, because it is just really very slow.  But now I am beginning to wonder what the problem really is.  My developer is telling me that we need to remove some of the great things that our store has.  We only have 12 items on the store.  We are on a VPS.  We hardly have any content, and it is so very slow!!!

Can someone please have a look at it and see what you think?  This can't be.  Something just doesn't sit right with me, and I can't put my finger on it.  We are using the ThemeForest Unique theme, and we are on Prestashop 1.5.6.1.

Please!  It is my number one complaint about the store.  Now my developer wants to take off the top bar that just had CMS pages linked to them (they're gone now), and next he wants to take off the buttons on the right of the site - linkedin, youtube, etc.

If one of you could possibly pinpoint what I could do to speed this up, I would be so very grateful.  After much questioning about the site, my coder just told me yesterday that we could have the site on CDN.  And now this!!  I'm beginning to really wonder...

www.thereportstore.com

Thank you so very much!

Lise