Hello All, 

Is there ANYONE that can explain to me how does the CSS editing module work? 

It's currently hooked to the Displayheader and I am unable to transplant it anywhere else. 

I am using the default bootstrap theme with 1.6.0.8.

Is it supposed to show me something on the front office? What file is it editing? In the back office, there is this 

I read that it APPENDS to code, isn't this overtime going to be bad as it may get the website to be slow? 

Thank you 

about what module you're talking?

this is not default addon so it's hard to say something more

any link available?

Its this one: http://dh42.com/blog/free-prestashop-css-module/?utm_content=bufferb7550&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer

and its called CSS editing module. It's also been posted in the forum : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/303224-module-css-editor/

this module adds css code directly to the page, you are adding css code on module configuration , don`t forget turning off cache

directly to the page? How do I know what item is what for coding? where does it add it? You are saying on module configuration, how does that work if you said it adds directly to the page? 

Agreed about turning on cache. will do for that but could you provide more details on the rest please ? 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Did you ever get an answer to this? I just installed CSS Editing Module and I don't understand it either. I see there is a place to enter CSS and then click Save, but which page does it add the CSS to? How do I tell it which page I want to append my CSS to?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get an answer to this? I just installed CSS Editing Module and I don't understand it either. I see there is a place to enter CSS and then click Save, but which page does it add the CSS to? How do I tell it which page I want to append my CSS to?

The CSS Code will be added directly to each page (inline CSS). After each include of the other CSS files of your project. This should make sure, that your changes overwrite / add any other definition in whatever inclued CSS file.

Just take a look into the souce code of you main shop page.... would make it pretty clear.

Edited by GeShoppo (see edit history)

Maybe this one is useful to other who are working with the CSS Editing Modul:

Unfortunately the modul writes my added CSS code by using the HTML Cleaner. The results in

e.g. from

.myclass > h3

to

.myclass > h3 

which does not work :)

My workaround: i added only one line in the CSS Editing Modul:

@import url("/themes/my_theme_name/css/my_own.css");

This makes sure that the my_own.css file, which i created and that contains my CSS needs, will be the last file included into the HTML file and i can do all my changes in one place.