Shipping rates based on Province (state)

Hi.

I'm setting up a shop in Spain.

I need a different shipping cost for the mainland than for the belearic Islands.

I read "With PrestaShop, it is possible to apply different shipping fees based on country or state" and I created two zones, one for the mianland and one for the islands. I assigned the country Spain to the mainland, but I cannot find how to assign visitors from the islands to the correct zone.

I don't even understand how visitors from this region will be regonised by the system.

Any guidance?

Edited by Andrew Watson (see edit history)

OK. I found it (I think, I have no way of testing it).

The step I was missing was that I hadn't seen the option to set up provinces, right below the country option in Localisation. To be fair it is incorrectly translated in Spanish, it should be "provincia" not "estado" (which does mean "state", sure, but Spain does not have states it has Provinces).

Once I found that, I added the provinces I wanted to my "Islas Baleares" zone and was able to set up my shipping rates correctly in the Shipping>Carriers options.

Hope this helps someone with a similar problem.

• 2 weeks later...

@cistech. You're right! I think the problem was, I used a Spanish hosting company and their "click and build" to install the shop in Spanish. I then created a ne Admin user and set that user to the English language (for me), but for some reason the back-office still appeared in Spanish and the word for state (estado) appeared. When I login in as a user set to Spanish, the word provincia appears correctly. Sorry about that comment (and thanks for helping me find the errror).