Hello, 

I have a few inquiries about the categories block at the top. 

• I would like to change the background of sub categories - it's currently grey and i would like to put it to transparent so that it follows the background, or simply put it to white. 
  • The images  I put in subcategories do not fill the rectangle. How do I make it fill? 
  • In a category, I am trying to change the image and it's not changing. I cleared the cache, went under img/c and deleted them manually. but still, every time I upload a new pic, the old one appears.
  • I would like to add small thumbnails beside each category just like ebay does. I added the thumbnail, but it doesn't appear anywhere. Thoughts on how to do it? 
  • The subcategories block that appear when you hover a category goes all the way to the end of the block to the right - there is alot of unused white space to the right . Is there a way to get rid of that? 

Can anyone help with this? 

Hello, 

I have a few inquiries about the categories block at the top. 

• I would like to change the background of sub categories - it's currently grey and i would like to put it to transparent so that it follows the background, or simply put it to white. 
  • The images  I put in subcategories do not fill the rectangle. How do I make it fill? 
  • In a category, I am trying to change the image and it's not changing. I cleared the cache, went under img/c and deleted them manually. but still, every time I upload a new pic, the old one appears.
  • I would like to add small thumbnails beside each category just like ebay does. I added the thumbnail, but it doesn't appear anywhere. Thoughts on how to do it? 
  • The subcategories block that appear when you hover a category goes all the way to the end of the block to the right - there is alot of unused white space to the right . Is there a way to get rid of that? 

Can anyone help with this? 

you mean block top menu module?

what theme you use? what template?

you mean block top menu module?

what theme you use? what template?

I am talking about the top horizontal menu. I use the default bootstrap theme on prestashop 1.6.0.8

I am attaching pictures so I am more clear. 

I would like to change the background of sub categories - it's currently grey and i would like to put it to transparent so that it follows the background, or simply put it to white.  ----> subcategories background.png 

• The images  I put in subcategories do not fill the rectangle. How do I make it fill?  ----> same image 

• In a category, I am trying to change the image and it's not changing. I cleared the cache, went under img/c and deleted them manually. but still, every time I upload a new pic, the old one appears. ----> I found the solution to the problem. For anyone that is interested, it was the smarty cache that was never compiling. By going to Advanced parameters -> performance -> recompile templates if files have been updated, it did the trick.  

• I would like to add small thumbnails beside each category just like ebay does. I added the thumbnail, but it doesn't appear anywhere. Thoughts on how to do it?  --> men thumbnail and men thumbnail result 

• The subcategories block that appear when you hover a category goes all the way to the end of the block to the right - there is alot of unused white space to the right . Is there a way to get rid of that? --> Look at men thumbnail result and see how the dropdown extends all the way? I would like to reduce that to size of the number of subcategories that exist. 

I am adding a couple of questions as well. 

• I would like to change the fond of the whole website - mainly for now the top horizontal block. Do I have to change it in the css associated with it only? If yes, what is the file that I have to modify? 
  • I have a translation issue. I have on my website french and english. and when I put english, there is one block that doesn't translate - although I have the newest language pack. Thoughts? --> translation.png

post-837151-0-09995100-1414497707_thumb.png

post-837151-0-27675400-1414498313_thumb.png

post-837151-0-48145700-1414498314_thumb.png

post-837151-0-38339200-1414502648_thumb.png

Edited by nidale.hajjar (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am facing some problem with my block category module,Can some one tell me about how do I display this module on homepage because I have already put this module in left column position and rest of the modules are displaying properly but only this module not displaying or Please tell me about the settings of category module.

Please help me ASAP

Thanks

Hi,

I am facing some problem with my block category module,Can some one tell me about how do I display this module on homepage because I have already put this module in left column position and rest of the modules are displaying properly but only this module not displaying or Please tell me about the settings of category module.

Please help me ASAP

Thanks

Are you talking about the fact you added categories but they are not showing up in your module? or the fact the module is not showing up at all?