Getting 403 Forbidden Error while using Paypal 3.7.2 'Login with Paypal'

keyura

Hey guys,

I installed Paypal module smoothly without errors:

I am using Prestashop 1.6.0.9

Paypal Module: EU 3.7.2

I am also using SSL

Site URL: https://www.sweetsandsnacks.com.au

When I use 'Login with PayPal', I get 403 forbidden error page from my hosting company and to that effect, I also changed the permissions of folders api, paypal_login to 755 and files to 755 as well.

Still no luck.

Can anyone help...I have not tried to use checkout so probably no idea if that feature will work as smoothly as desired.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I installed Paypal module smoothly without errors:

I am using Prestashop 1.6.0.9

Paypal Module: EU 3.7.2

I am also using SSL

Site URL: https://www.sweetsandsnacks.com.au

When I use 'Login with PayPal', I get 403 forbidden error page from my hosting company and to that effect, I also changed the permissions of folders api, paypal_login to 755 and files to 755 as well.

Still no luck.

Can anyone help...I have not tried to use checkout so probably no idea if that feature will work as smoothly as desired.

I had the same problem and was tearing my hairs (not so many left anyhow  ;) ).

As I checked my server I found that a ModSecurity trigger is blocking any access to the paypal files.

Ask your Hosting company to exclude rule 340165 from your account.

Now I can login with PayPal only that after the pop up window disappears the underlying page is not refreshed - so the costumers do not know that they are successfully logged in until they refresh the page or click the cart module with checkout again.

So pretty useless at the moment....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem, just installed a fresh new Prestashop 1.6.0.9, configured PayPal with no errors, and Paypal login, also. 

When I try to login I get all ok, and pop-up windows disappear (on Safari, not on Firefox, don't know on others), but nothing happens! 

The user is logged in, but as the page doesn't refresh the user cannot understand it, and this could resolve in a very bad user experience.

Of course, if the user tries to click on any link, in the following page it appears as logged.

Hope someone can help!