Error during zip extraction

BZZYBI

Hi guys.

Just about when you think everything is ready to go live BANG something else pops up.. :angry:

Hope somebody can help me out.

Everytime I visit the Preferences - Themes page I get the following error "Error during zip extraction"

I am not trying to install any theme, all I would like to do is change a small setting in the "Advanced Setting" of my theme. I Also get this error when I am in Advanced Setting page and when I try do some changes to the "Appearance of Columns"  nothing happens. 

What can be going wrong ... Please help me.. 

version 1.6.0.9

ps. I also have a problem AGAIN with the back office images showing up as Question marks (?) which i feel slows down the whole backend especially the modules section.. It takes forever to load..

That error appears when this coomand returns false/null

Tools::ZipExtract($theme_zip_file, $sandbox.'uploaded/')

and $sandbox is

$sandbox = _PS_CACHE_DIR_.'sandbox'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$uniqid.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR

Check zip extension and write permissions on that /cache/sandbox folder.

That error appears when this coomand returns false/null

Tools::ZipExtract($theme_zip_file, $sandbox.'uploaded/')

and $sandbox is

$sandbox = _PS_CACHE_DIR_.'sandbox'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.$uniqid.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR

Check zip extension and write permissions on that /cache/sandbox folder.

Hi Tuk66

Thank you very much for your help.

What do you mean when you say check zip extension? 

I am not trying to upload any theme or zip file. All i would like to do is edit the "Advanced Setting" of my theme that had already been installed a long time ago. 

As for the permissions for the sandbox folder.  I went on my ftp and did a get info request and its set to 755. I attached an image just in case. 

Thanks for your help. 

post-836566-0-66148900-1414052473_thumb.png

Edited by BZZYBI (see edit history)

Who knows.

I would put die('foo') functions before any line in the /classes/Tools:ZipExtract method and remove one-by-one to find the exact line where code fails.

Thanks Tuk66

I think managed to find the problem. 

While I was trying to figure out how to add an a second URL for one of my Shops, I think i had changed my Default shop setting in MULTISTORE OPTIONS. I changed it back to its original and now the error has gone. 

Tuk66 thank you very much for taking the time to help me out 

Much appreciated 

Gordon

• 1 month later...

* SOLVED! (1.6.0.9)*

This problem wasted MANY hours of my time but I FINALLY figured it out. It has nothing to do with anything that has been mentioned above or in any other posts (I've read them ALL). The problem can be created and solved on demand by simply connecting to Prestashop Addons from the admin page.

In the top/right of your admin page - if you're not connected already - you will see "Not connected to PrestaShop Addons". In this state, you will not see the problem. Most people probably don't even bother to connect to PrestShop Addons so they don't experience the error. However, if you connect your back office to PS Addons, the problem exists. Meaning, if you connect and then go to Preferences > Themes you will see, "Error during zip extraction". With this error displayed, you cannot add a new theme or change your site's logo. The quick fix is to simply log out of your admin area and then log back in, which will also disconnect you from PrestaShop Addons. SIMPLE.

I tore the entire PS code apart searching for what was causing this issue and I would've paid someone $50 for the solution! I'm going to post it as a bug.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...