Site running very slow

That is slow

Have you :

Advanced Parameters > Performance > 

Enabled cache?

Set Recompile templates if the files have been updated

Set the CCC (COMBINE, COMPRESS AND CACHE) settings to yes?

That is slow

Have you :

Advanced Parameters > Performance > 

Enabled cache?

Set Recompile templates if the files have been updated[/size]

Set the [/size]CCC (COMBINE, COMPRESS AND CACHE) settings to yes?[/size]

I have already change that but still getting same thing.

Is it that slow getting in to the back office ?

what is the hosting system / plan?

Who is it hosted with and which plan do you have. Some plans are very limited in their bandwith etc

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

when anyone has slow shop.

follow this to determine where slow 'part' might be.

open file config/defines.inc.php

set following to true | visit slow page(s) | collect profiling data (scroll down)...analyze.

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

tip: bo-->advanced parms-->performance-->set move java script bottom yes (make sure to test your shop functions)...

Is it that slow getting in to the back office ?

what is the hosting system / plan?

Who is it hosted with and which plan do you have. Some plans are very limited in their bandwith etc

I'm with iPage and everything is unlimited.

Other site on same hosting are running fine but not this one.

Hello there, i had same issues with my client website www.computers.rs
This is shop with 20000 articles and many visitors. We had problem with Page load wait , and this is same problem as your.

First tell me do you have VPS or some dedicated server ? And what machine.

Then look this video, this man simply made my site to open in 2,3s with 160 requests.

• Like 1

Call me a cynic but if you are using the ipage I have just google then it seems to be too good to be true. Those prices seem way too cheap, and although they say unlimited - is it really? and what is unlimited?

I know nothing about them, but i could give you unlimited use to my ZX Spectrum, that does not mean you could run prestashop on it

You need to know something about the hardware they are using

Also, it seems it is a US hosting system? Your site is .co.uk I think (and again i donlt really know) but I think hosting your site in another country is going to give same latency

If other software runs on it, great, but is that software doing the same kind of processing as prestashop? You have to compare like with like

when anyone has slow shop.

follow this to determine where slow 'part' might be.

open file config/defines.inc.php

set following to true | visit slow page(s) | collect profiling data (scroll down)...analyze.

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

tip: bo-->advanced parms-->performance-->set move java script bottom yes (make sure to test your shop functions)...

until you do this, you will just be guessing...

@haylau

I been with ipage for long time now and I haven't had problem with them until I have to prestashop. the site was running fine when it had opencart but now its really slow sometime even it doesn't load.

I had more products and more images on opencart script.

This did work great in beginning but I don't undersand what I have change that it made it so slow.

if not hosting issue, then we can assume at one point the shop was not this slow, yes?

There are a couple of ways of trouble shooting this, typically we try to determine what we may have done to cause slow down, i.e. module.

we can go through non-native modules, disable and re-test looking for change.

before doing this, try this, turn off all non-native PrestaShop modules and overrides, re-test.  If shop speeds up then you can start looking and profiling data first, like featured categories etc.

10.21.2014-08.57.png
http://screencast.com/t/9MlSlCsx

I have turn on the disbale the overrid modules and disable the non prestashop module.

still slow.

I will be create new site to confirm that site is now slow it wasnt when i first install it.

yes, if possible create sub-domain...sorry I looked at your profiling data some, but I very oldest of mods...and my attention span is not what it used to be, I even now you job posting section to get help...and there is excellent people there for 'very' reasonable prices..don't give up!

• 2 years later...