[SOLVED] Carriers

Hi,
Apperently I'm having some trouble setting up the Carriers since my test user get this message upon Checking Out:

There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address!

I can't say if it's a bug or just me. I have these settings defined:

1. One Carrier (National)
2. Countries
3. Zones
4. One Weight range (0-5kg)

I don't get the logic :(

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having same problem.
I have searched the forum and all other advice has not applied or fixed the issue.

This is an open source forum, you have posted an issue, then flagged it as solved - but did not say what you did to solve it. Please tell us.

I have Carrier, set price range, set zones, everything seems right, but, it gives

I am also having same problem.
I have searched the forum and all other advice has not applied or fixed the issue.

This is an open source forum, you have posted an issue, then flagged it as solved - but did not say what you did to solve it. Please tell us.

I have Carrier, set price range, set zones, everything seems right, but, it gives

What version of PS are U using?

• 2 weeks later...

Ding

I just posted a similar update on a different thread,

I am in process of resolving the problem, and am posting this for others who have same problem. Main reason why I got the No Carrier for this zone messge was i had not set up the shipping correctly because i did not understand how PS worked.

PS sorely needs a USER MANUAL

You first of all set up a Carrier, and if the carrier offers different shipping types, such as Ground, Express, 3 day, 2 day or 1 day, then each type is entered as a separate carrier. Then, you go to either price range or weight range, most US carriers are going to use weight ranges. So, in the weight ranges you must create the appropriate weight ranges. 0-1 1-5 6-10 etc.
Then you re-click on the Shipping Tab, and under handling make sure you select Billing: According to total Weight (if you use price ranges for calculating shipping, then select According to total Price)
Under Fees You should now see a table of boxes listed by Zone / and Weight (or Price) ranges. (0-1 1-5 etc), and drop down menu lets you select carrier (or shipping type, such as Ground, 2-day etc). At first each cell will be 0, now you need to populate those cells with the appropriate prices.

Complicated? YES Practical? NO

Without a plug in module for the carrier you want to use, PrestaShop (any shopping cart) is really not practical.
My client wants to use FedEx. FedEx offers Ground, Express, 3 day, 2 day, 1 day and Overnight. each needs to be entered as a separate Carrier. 6 carriers. They have 8 zones for continental US, plus Hawaii and Alaska, and 2 zones in Canada. Plus other special zones, i figure about 16 zones for US and Canada. Then they give a different price for each pound. So, i would need to specify 0-1 1-2 2-3 3-4 etc all the way up to 149-150 lbs 150 entries for the Weight Ranges !!!! And, then this is multiplied by the 16 or so zones, and that is multiplied by 6 carriers. That would give approx 14,440 separate price/zone/carrier cells that i would need to manually populate with the right prices. And, every time they make a price change, I would have to manually update each cell in my rate table.

Impractical. The ONLY solution is for PS to create and maintain their own FedEx module. FedEx has services where a shopping cart can send to FedEx the origination zip code, where the product will be shipped from, then the destination or delivery zip, the total weight, etc. and FedEx will return the current up to date shipping cost. Without this plug in PS is not a practical usable shopping cart. A shopping cart HAS to be able to calculate shipping costs and interface with the carriers, or it is totally useless.

Fortunately i found a free FedEx plug in module, but, i have not got it working yet. Partly because my Host provider does not have installed a php feature called SOAP that the plug in uses. The host provider said they will install it for me, so far 24 hours later it is not yet installed. SOAP is used by the plug in, and FedEx’s standard API interfaces, to allow carts to access their current rate table. It is a part of Web Services. There needs to be standard PS modules for this.

Hope this helps, btw, the free FedEx module i am trying to get to work can be found here: http://www.neboweb.com/blog/prestashop-fedex-module/

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay. I've deleted my test server but I believe that the reason why I couldn't find the section where some vital information was needed to be defined as it was "hidden", meaning that you should remember to click on the main menu link called Carriers instead of looking for the missing information in one of the submenus.

Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

Im struggling with the neboweb FedEx shipping API guys... http://www.neboweb.com/blog/prestashop-fedex-module

I dont need to create live orders for my shipping…however I need to simply calculate the cost of shipping from my drop-shipper (the source zip code) to the customer’s zip code, and simply add that to my prestashop’s total bill/purchase for the order… I’m assuming thats possible with this module.

I’ve got my developer test key…input all info into this module and tested everything fine…

But now when I add an item to my cart as a fake logged in user, I can select FedEx ground or FedEx 2nd Day…but it’s not giving me any unique shipping costs.

Now whats the next step? Do I need a production key? Do I need to enable the “live” option in this module? What does “FS: No/Yes” mean?

After some more research into this… It looks like whenever I go into “FedEx Ground” and set out-of-range behavior to “Disable Carrier” I noticed that in my cart it’s no longer showing the carrier FedEx Ground as if I’m not shipping within the US…but I AM logged in as a fake US user within Massachusetts…

I also noticed that when I go into the FedEx Ground properties under Back Office >> Shipping >> Carriers… that it will let me check off Zone: US The zone in which this carrier is to be used – HOWEVER even after I save the page, the Zone: US is NOT staying checked off.

Please help me out, I’d appreciate it greatly =) Thanks!

Okay I’ve figured it out… My questions above about “Live” and what is “FS” are still in affect is someone could please respond to those?

However, I think I found the answer to my solution, (and a possible bug?) with this module.

I can setup the FedEx API module easily, run the test using the “test key” and it comes back fine…add the fedex ground, and the 2 day for example and apply them both… At this point everything works fine…

However, what I was doing was going to >>Back Office >> Shipping >> Carriers and then going into “FedEx Ground” for example, and adding a description like (3 to 5 day) to it, and then simply save this. It was doing this simple task, that was breaking the shipping from working, and all it would give me in the front end checkout was something “There are no available carriers for your region” or something to that degree.

Simply going into Back Office >> Shipping >> Carriers >> FedEx Ground and not making ANY changes and just clicking on the SAVE button seems to also ruin the FedEx Ground option from the front end of my cart.

I’m just happy that I solved this “problem” for now (simply dont make any change to the carrier that gets created haha)…is there a way you guys can fix this so we can add descriptions to each carrier without it breaking?

REALLY important question please… Is it difficult for me to add more FedEx options like Next Day and Air Saver etc? How can this be done?

Thank you so much once again for your time. – enigmarokker