[SOLVED] Relational Attributes

ibanez0r

Hi there, i recently took on a contract to update a clients online store to something that was up to date with the times, and generally, easier to use and better to look at, i chose prestashop (without having used it before) it appears to be the best, and the prettiest! so i explained to my client the process involved and he agree'd and paid me a deposit.

600hours into migrating his catalog  to prestashop ive hit a section "drill bits" , some of which (router bits) have 3 attributes, diameter, cut depth and shank size, however, as the drill bits get larger in size the attributes for diameter and cut depth slowly raise, so.. the smaller ones only fill 3 of the lets say, 10 combinations, per drill bit size.

Which results in 3 attribute selection boxes on the product page, thats 27 combinations for 1 item, however only 9 of those combinations have a product associated with them, and 18 of the possible selecytions show Combination doesnt exist.  Its nearly impossible to find combinations using this interface.

So i went into the admin and select not to display unavailable attributes but it made no difference at all, i remade the combinations, still no change. 

As it stands this is not going to work, ive just spent 600 hours migrating thousands of products and now im srsly stuck and dont know what to do, how is this usually done in prestashop?

Edited by ibanez0r (see edit history)

Im really good with jQuery and SQL, i noticed the Referance is being updated with onselect maybe i can do the same to the sttribute select? can someone plese point me in the right direction i have no choice i have to modify this to work now or, .. my web design business is over, thats how tough it is here atm.

Hi Ibanez,

I believe the module from Tomerg3 does this. See topic:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/245450-hidedisable-unavailable-product-attributes-dependent-attributes/

or more directly:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38061-module-attribute-wizard-customize-prestshop-attributes-control-the-group-and-item-order-add-group-images-descriptions-and-more/

Contact him and ask him detailed questions. His modules are well built and service is great. Well worth the money you'd otherwise spend on paracetamol, high pressure medicine...

Hope this helps,

pascal.

Ohh pascal, thank-you, i was how to say.... shocked when i discover it wasnt built in, my resting heart rate at that moment im sure is about 180bpm, so thankyou so much for your time to mention this it just might save my christmas.

Kind Regards,

Cam

Only downside is, it removes the attributes from the Add to Cart block and displays all my prices wrong :(

and when i tell it not to display the price inside the attribute select, the select box becomes so small you cant read the attribute... man, this is a real mess,... :/

i may as well just take 75$ and burnt it lol :/ fml

http://i.imgur.com/bib9W1R.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JkDMDUd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IGrq5X5.jpg

maybe not such a great module to recommend pascal, ive emailed the author, hopefully we can fix it, as it stands i paid 75$ US for a module i just disabled cuz it doesnt work.

yeh, but... the prices are wrong, and the select box is about 5mm wide with prices turned off....

so essentially i spent my last few cents on this... doesnt work... at all.

You know pascal, this thing im chasing, is standard feature in EVERY other ecommerce solution available, what is goin on????

Ibanez,

Sorry to hear all these problems. I expect size to be adjustable, but wrong prices shouldn't be here. Especially strange as it is a frequently used module. Did you hear back from Tomer?? I expect him to pick it up with you and to solve this! Maybe show him this thread as well.

I'm sorry, from today until Saturday on Holiday to Singapire with my daughter, without computer, so cannot help out that much. Will be on hand afterwards.

Good luck stay strong for now.

(And agree, this should be standard!)

Pascal

Ibanez, can it be that the prices in the pop ups are without tax, and the end price with 5% tax??

20.74+5%=21.777=21.78??

Would you like me to have a look in the back office, to see if I can see a problem with settings or so? If so, Send me a Pers. message with some login details (make temp employee with manager rights, send login/password and URL to your back office

Let me know,

Pascal

cam

Not sure, but aren't normally the attributes shown in the SHOPPING CARD, not in the area where you add to cart?

post-455771-0-29681700-1413916004_thumb.jpg

In the image, you see the attribute (standard) shown under the product name in the shopping cart, AFTER adding the product to the cart. I can't recall that the attributes were shown close to the add to cart block...

The price in your first image (4.43) plus 5% is also equal to the total (4.65), so I think this is the case indeed, price difference is with/without tax.

Yes! I believe you can set if the price must be shown incl/excl tax (see version update on their website. Can you check in your configure of the module if you have such an option somewhere?

post-455771-0-62965700-1413918370_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps With the main problem, "the price isn't correct". The display of things we can change with some css adjustment, I'm sure. We can work on that when im back.

Pascal

Hi there Pascal, after quite a few, 20 odd emails back and forth with the developer i was able to display the problems i was having, and they discovered a few bugs which they addressed, the b4 tax as  mention, hey which i think is fine, if u coult turn it on and off etc, be great but i dont think it was designed to do that so they resolved that and also some JS errors apparently where combinations where concerned bringing the module to life!

I have only the remaining issue now, i mean... be default it sset to displat the (additioned) add to cart button and attribs (out of view) near the page footer, the other option is to display it under the facebook likes etc or to the right, either way theres now the small issue of having 2 add to cart blocks, their one looks like a 12 yr old designed it after school one day, and the now redundant prestashop add to cart block with the wishlist and payment logos is apparently not easily removed, im told the best way to do it is with css, luckily im a complete css [spam-filter], so .. the instinct was to just set a display:none tag on the entire div, which worked great, but it also took the price away from the attribuute wiz add to cart block, so ive asked them to explain what is the 'usual' way its done, hopefuly its not too hard, ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help i really appreciate it,

Cheers,

Cam

L8Ybba8.jpg

Well, i thought you'd like to know pascal, i asked these guys what the usual method of dealing with 2 product price/qty/cart blocks and they told me the best way is to use css, and didnt elaborate, as mentioned i set display:none on the entire div and it stole the price from attrib wiz too, so this morning i had a new idea, and that was to move the default block to a new position off the screen! it appears to work, do you think this is a suitable way to deal with it pascal?  or you would do something different?

check this out :P in Australia, we call this sorta thing "Bush Mechanics" like you will see in movies such as The Gods Must be Crazy :P hey it seems good!!!  It seems like maybe after a restyle the module it will be godo to go, i give these guys at PrestoChance +10 for the idea, and +2 for making it happen :) it is however a solution so thank-you again!

JhRyh0e.jpg

Hi Ibanez0r,

Looks pretty OK now. I myself would put the attributes block all the way to the right:

div#productSummaryContainer {

float: right;

}

and make the product description 100% wide, instead of the current 75%:

#productDescription {

margin: 0 0 20px;

width: 100%;  // change from 75% to 100%

}

result:

post-455771-0-72181700-1414726431_thumb.png

Furthermore up to you.

Is there anything else still lingering?

pascal.

Hi Pascal, thank-you, I did something very similar, that URL your looking at is LiveCart, and old site ive migrated, heres the end result,

http://cabinetmart.ibanez0r.org/cmt-router-bits/255-flush-trim-router-bits.html, i guess the attribute wizard can never really replace the original due to the way it interacts with it, but this seems to work. thanks for your help i really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Just like to add, that, attribute wizard is the most bug ridden useless crappy software ive ever come accross. its full of bugs and the team that makes it refuses to give any support, if you are considering Attribute Wizard, DO NOT bother. I will probably have to refund my client because of this huge mess....