DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

Hi, I will be selling digital pictures on my website and I know admin have control of how many downloads a customer should have and length of time.

In suggestion how many downloads should I permit a buyer for each digital photo?

How long should I keep the download link up before it expire for each digital photo?

I ve visited various digital selling websites and the lowest times I ve seen permitted for downloads was 3x but it wasnt for photos. Any suggestions would be great

Hi

I download digital files and I allow only two downloads but let the client know that. Really it doesn't matter how many, as once they have your file they can duplicate it as and when. Unfortunately there is no way I know that can prevent this kind of duplication. My only reservation with PS download process is that it isn't very transparent, you have to work at it to find out how to finally download your file, it really is not obvious - I would love to see PS improve this area as digital downloads are set to become more important and not less, I also only allow them 24hrs to download as I don't see the point of opening up the immediacy of the sale.

how this helps a little

Thankyou for your response. I was seriously going back & forth with the amount of downloads, and you are correct which is something I thought about as well, once a customer as the picture they can do whatever they like and repost, thats the bad side to digital selling. I may just use the 24hr download access, I know most sellers allow 3 days etc but like you said there is no point.
Do you sell digital files on your website?
Willing to post your website link?

thankyou

nice site! I notice with the free downloads they are mp3 files and I assume for purchased downloads they are zip files. I was also thinking of creating zipped files for the photos. Im going to use your suggestions. Thank you for your time. :)