Link rewrite issue

Hi,

I've got a problem with SEO friendly URLs which is driving me insane.  I've been trawling the forums trying different things for about 6 hours now and I'm desperate to go to bed!

I upgraded from PS v1.5.6 to v.1.6.09 earlier today.  Everything was fine to start with, right up until the point I copied the English translation file from my old theme to the new one.  The second I did that, URL rewriting has failed to work.

I've done all of the following several times in different orders, but to no avail:

• Disabled/enabled SEO friendly URLs
  • Deleted and regenerated my .htaccess file
  • Regenerated thumbnails
  • Disabled cache and force compiled templates
  • Manually emptied the cache folders
  • CHMOD'd the .htaccess file to 777

I've installed another two test PS instances on the same VPS which are both rewriting fine with the same template and an identical .htaccess file (which I've tried copying across and didn't work), so I know its not a server issue.

One thing I have noticed is that the theme swaps between product images on mouseover and the second image URL rewrites fine, but the product anchor link and main image don't anywhere on the site.  Here are the URL's it produces:

• Product link ... /en/button-clip-on-earrings/-.html
  • Main image ... /22860-home_default/.jpg
  • Second image ... /22861-home_default/deanna-gold-clip-earrings.jpg

As you can see, its a rewrite issue, but I can't figure it out.  If anybody would be kind enough to have a look at this for me, please PM and I'll send over whichever details you need to access FTP or back office.

Much appreciate any help anybody is prepared to give!

Cheers

Andy

Hi DrunkBug,

htaccess.txt

.htaccess file attached.  Its the one Prestashop auto-generated and exactly the same as the one that works on the test sites I created on this box.

Route to products  =  {category:/}{id}-{rewrite}{-:ean13}.html

The only modules I have installed are the ones the theme requested to be used, which are the same ones that work on the test sites.  I've just checked through them all and there's nothing that removes product IDs from the URL, which can be confirmed looking at the second image link I posted originally (product ID at the beginning, as per route to products - we don't use EAN's).

Cheers

Andy

FIXED !!  Thanks to the brilliantly skilled and eagle eyed DrunkBug !!

Using the BO copy tool (Localization > Translations > Copy) to copy our small UK language changes from the old theme to the new one had deleted all of the product names for that language.  I imported them from the pre-upgrade DB backup and all is well again.  

After losing 6 hours from yesterday, having 4 hours sleep last night and having our site offline for over 24 hours, it took just 2 minutes to fix.  Easy when you know how, eh?

Thanks once again to DrunkBug - I was literally at the end of my tether, so can't say how much I appreciate the quick response.

Cheers

Andy