Sign in to follow this  
jb2museo

Tipjar or Donation Module

Anyone either HAVE or NEED a tipjar or donation module where the visitor can donate any amount he/she chooses to his order total during checkout?

Actually, I'm looking at trying to accomplish something like that now. I was envisioning the ability to "round up" the total price to the nearest $1, $5 or $10 and donate the "change" to a charity.

I see where I'd hook into the checkout process, but it doesn't appear that Prestashop has the ability to modify a price at the cart level. Sure, I could hack the database and make the changes myself, but that causes grief at upgrade time.

Any ideas?

No quick ideas. I'm fairly new to PrestaShop (several months) and it seems that they didn't really think about the need to override a price that far along the checkout process. I have theming and theme overrides down rock solid since they are so similar in concept to Drupal (and actually I'm finding a lot that seems to be taken from Drupal). I'm only able to spend the time on it that my current employment allows.

Your round up idea was exactly what I was going to implement, but also with a free form floating point input for additional donations in any denomination. I work with a lot of museums that keep their doors open because of generous donations. On other systems, we've implemented similar solutions with remarkable results from constituents.

I wonder if we could hook in just as far as finding out the current total value in the cart and add a dynamic "fake" product in a sidebar block. Just a thought. If you're going to take this forward, I may be able to convince my employer to let me put some time on it as well. Keep me posted.

Feel free to hit me up on AIM at joe6pack78.

Could try asking the developers directly about an approach... ie. "If you were to do this, where would you start?"

Actually, I'm looking at trying to accomplish something like that now. I was envisioning the ability to "round up" the total price to the nearest $1, $5 or $10 and donate the "change" to a charity.

I see where I'd hook into the checkout process, but it doesn't appear that Prestashop has the ability to modify a price at the cart level. Sure, I could hack the database and make the changes myself, but that causes grief at upgrade time.

Any ideas?

that's exactly what I want to do.

Does someone has done something similar ?

• Like 1