Social Networking Block 1.1.5 Instagram problem

Kethaera

I just recently installed Prestashop version 1.6 using the default-bootstrap theme which I've slightly modified, mostly just for colors. It came with the Social Networking Block version 1.1.5 which includes a section to input your Instagram account information, but the icon and link for Instagram are not appearing on the Front Office. I have disabled and reenabled the module, reset it, removed it from the hook and rehooked it, and nothing has fixed it so far. 

I can muck around with code a little, but I'm not good enough to figure out if there's a problem in the code with the Instagram link or if it's something I've done. 

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give. Thanks in advance!

post-345326-0-11568000-1413070160_thumb.jpg

post-345326-0-41228600-1413070161_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

it's probably because your theme file overwrites original module .tpl file 

and this override doesnt contain link to instagram

remove this file or just copy actual module .tpl file to themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/ to module directory

• Like 2

it's probably because your theme file overwrites original module .tpl file 

and this override doesnt contain link to instagram

remove this file or just copy actual module .tpl file to themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/ to module directory

You are correct, my theme does not have Instagram in the .tpl file. However, I am not sure what to replace it with, since this is the default theme. I also looked under the modules directory outside of themes and that .tpl does not include an Instagram link either! So how am I seeing a file field in my back office for Instagram?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Like 1

copy original module .tpl file(from module directory) to themes/your-theme/modules/blocksocial/ directory

Thank you! I actually just copied the relevant part relating to instagram from the original .tpl into my theme's .tpl, and it's working. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to be an icon like the rest instead of just text. I think I might be able to handle that, though.

Thank you! I actually just copied the relevant part relating to instagram from the original .tpl into my theme's .tpl, and it's working. Now I just have to figure out how to get it to be an icon like the rest instead of just text. I think I might be able to handle that, though.

Having issues as well adding Instagram.  

Prestashop 1.6.0.9  Social Networking Block v 1.1.5

This is from themes/default-bootstrap/modules/blocksocial/blocksocial.tpl

{if $pinterest_url != ''}
        <li class="pinterest">
        <a target="_blank"  href="{$pinterest_url|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">
        <span>{l s='Pinterest' mod='blocksocial'}</span>
        </a>
        </li>
        {/if}
{if $instagram_url != ''}
        <li class="instagram">
        <a target="_blank"  href="http://instagram.com/my_site">
        <span>{l s='Instagram' mod='blocksocial'}</span>
        </a>
        </li>
        {/if}
</ul>

and this..   themes/default-bootstrap/css/global.css
.footer-container #footer #social_block ul li.pinterest a:before {
            content: "\f0d2"; }
.footer-container #footer #social_block ul li.instagram a:before {
            content: "\f16d"; }

I cannot get the Instagram icon to show in the Follow Us block.

If I try to add the url in configuration - then I click Save I get a page not found error 

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THE WEB ADDRESS YOU'VE ENTERED IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

at this page

mysite.com/admin/index.php?controller=AdminModules&configure=blocksocial&tab_module=front_office_features&module_name=blocksocial&token=90729ab90fe8f3f6299acc84b3110899

Realistically since I already have the Instagram URL in the blocksocial.tpl file it should work?

Or am I missing something else?

Edited by CharlieA (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...