Offline Credit Card Module (new version 3.01.production)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The version mentioned in this thread is OUTDATED and has been REPLACED by version 3.01.production. Please see http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/58273/third_party_modules/module_offline_credi

Posted Images

ok what i did initially for simplicity is the following:

i ftp into where your prestashop is located to the directory called prestashop/mails/en/

find the file called test.txt edit it to say the following or something to your liking.

Hello,

Thank you for your order, we will contact you once your card has been authorised.

Then go to your admin control panel

click the orders tab

then click the sub tab called order statuses, then look at the bottom for the one for credit card and tick the the red cross to
enable email sending to customer, change the template to the test one you created, now your customer will get a email.

if you want a email to yourself to say you have a new order then install the module called mail alerts

Hope that helps

Regards

Think this is what you mean it was in this thread earlier. edit the file called adminorders.php

Thanks for the reply Olaf – it’s my client who does all the processing. I’m not sure what they use I’m afraid.

In the end I replaced the 1.1b2 AdminOrders.php file with the 1.0 file and it now works. The number is showing.

Edit:

You can use the 1.1b2 AdminOrders.php but you need to place this code in it just above: /* Display customer information */

// display card module
$hook = Module::hookExec('invoice', array('id_order' => $order->id));
if ($hook !== false)
{
echo '

'.$hook;
}

I just got a letter from the bank saying that i owe £800 from my account for processing credit card information without the owners permission.

The owner isn't the person I delivered the two cameras to.

Basically, someone has managed (through mass spamming i might add) to spam my site and, just before we worked out it was spam, we happened to have one order go through. And now, becasue this module isn't secure enough against robots and spammers, I have lost £800...

I might add, the module is only half to blame... I might have been a little bit of an idiot for processing the order.

Can we secure it up please? Even if its not CAPTCHA, just a question with an answer oinly humans can get in a field that the spam wont read and understand...

PLease?

P.s. Before you ask, THe person is nregistered under different names each time, and uses different IP's so i cant block him.../her... they live here though:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode;=&q=flat+4,20+queens+road+nw4+2tl+hendon&ie=UTF8&ll=51.585003,-0.222173&spn=0.005573,0.013819&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=51.583527,-0.222073&panoid=NQ_aSFieYVGq5ksDHzT4xg&cbp=12,343.6705885331222,,0,5

check out street view... :D

surely you must check the creidt cards are valid before sending out high value products? or maybe check the person is registered on the voters roll? there is software you can purchase to do this, i dont see how you can blame the persons module in this thread in anyway really? its just an addon to a shopping cart thats still under major development. the only thing i can really fault with the credit card module is the fact it calls home to the guys website http://Ox40.us/ even though its an update link i dont feel that should be there as it prob makes a few people uneasy.

I was taking the piss a little bit...

Nevermind. Sarcasm doesn't evidently cominicate too well via the internet!

What's the name of this software?

And now we're fairly good at spotting them, however this order was a very early one from this spamming set. We spotted the trend and ignore orders which now look like spam. This one however was from 2 months ago and we processed due to not being familiar with it.

Any suggestions?

I just did the credit card module update for the ver 1.1 prestashop today. I hadn't realized this wasn't working after the upgrade due to so few CC orders.

The update posted in this thread worked perfectly. I am very happy that the fix was posted.

As far as security is concerned, if you require the CVC number to use the card (a setting in the module configuration) then there shouldn't be a security issue. If you have that number, then the person who entered it had the card in their possession at the time (theoretically). So to say "Hi I didn't order that, I want my CC to be repaid" doesn't get the card holder anywhere, because they obviously are either lying, or they did not secure their card. Tough, but there you are, they owe the money for the purchase. If they lost the card and it wasn't reported, or the CC issuer let the charge go through even though the card number was flagged, that's their problem as well.

Basically, requiring the CVC number protects you as the seller quite well. (At least in the USA.)

I had successfully installed and tested the credit card module on my local computer, but I have just uploaded prestashop to my server and tested the credit card module. Everything is fine until I go to the order in admin. When I click to view the credit card info, all I can see is garbled nonesense - all weird characters and squares....what's going wrong?

I am using SSL if that makes any difference. Actually, that reminds me - I added the lines:

/* SSL Management */
$useSSL = true;

to payment.php as suggested in this thread to avoid the "there are unsecure items..." pop up. This owrks, but how do you take the user back to http after payment is complete?

Anyone? I noticed someone reported a problem with the credit card info being garbled before, but no solution had been posted. It's really important that I sort this, as it's the only payment method!!!

Hmm, well, I'm ever so confused as it suddenly seemed OK now. I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the module to no effect, but this time I had unistalled and reinstalled because I made a change to the creditcard.php file for something else...and now it works!

Strange but true!

Ok, it's me again. This time, I need to ask about order confirmation emails sent to customers. In Order Statuses, I set the "Awaiting Credit Card Validation" status to send an email - the order_conf template. This email gets sent fine, but I also get an 'awaiting credit card info' email in the same format as the order_conf template with everything blank except the total (I set mailVars in creditcard.php as suggested in this thread).

Why are two emails being sent?

First off, thanks for the module!

I'm having an issue that it doesn't look like others are having, but I tried to figure out where it is stemming from.

When I choose this payment method in checkout, I am presented with the payment.php page stripped of any stylesheet formatting. I can scroll down and fill in the payment form anyway, but am taken to a completely blank page with no order record in the admin side.

In the source, "base href" is set to "http://mydomain.com:443/shop/" rather than "https://mydomain.com:443/shop/"...though I am checking out in https. This seems to be the issue. If I break the checkout cycle and rename the URL in the address bar to "http" it appears formatted normally and will submit with no issue and a confirmation message.

Any suggestions? Is this a glitch, or do I have my https settings messed up somewhere?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
Just finished reading through the entire 16 pages of this thread. A lot of stuff has happened!
It sounds like this module is a kicker and I'm looking forward to using it.

Ox40: is the current version (the one to be found on the first post of this thread) one with multiple currencies supported? I read you were working on it, but it's not clear to me whether you managed to finish what you wanted to do for it.

Other than that, awesome work on this module, I'm sure it is making a lot of people happy and I hope to be included with them in the near future.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Kevin

Hello all,

By testing out the module on a sandbox shop I have, I can confirm that the module works very well, with multiple currencies supported.
Really nice job Ox40 !!

It of course needed the following to work 100%:

- adding the hook so the credit card numbers can actually shop up in admin (see post #87 of this thread)

- adding the $useSSL = true; lines to payment.php and creditcard.php

- I also implemented this fix so that only the pages where we really need it use https: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/9478/P0/general_discussion/temporary_fix_for_ssl (in an effort to save precious resources to not waste https where we do not need it)

- while this might have been obvious to the bulk of the users here, I actually didn't know you also had to enable SSL in the admin > preferences

So as far as this module is concerned I'd say it is all up and running.

I am left with a question regarding the SSL certificate itself. when I get to one of the HTTPS pages on checkout I get very big warnings that I am using a self-signed certificate and so on. This is true cos I indeed generated the certificate myself.

Of course I do not want this, so I'm wondering what solution you guys have for this? I checked into buying a "legit" SSL certificate from places like thawte.com but the prices are through the roof. I can't believe everyone in here is paying that amount of money to be able to offer secure payments.

How are you guys tackling this? I'd appreciate any advice.

Everyone: thank you for everything. I will start working again on some features here soon, its been a little hectic recently.
As for SSL certs, YES, we all do pay that much. Try some cheaper cert. authorities like http://godaddy.com . Also, search google for basic SSL certificates. We all do pay way too much for a signed cert from a legit authority...

--Kevin

Thanks Ox40.

After posting what I did last night I went looking for cheaper solutions because I couldn't believe the average ecommerce site is paying $1000 a year for their SSL certificate. Coincidentally I landed on Godaddy and they have this sale now where you pay € 9,66 for a 1 year standard SSL certificate. That is much more economically viable so I went with that.

Now I "just" need to do what's needed at my bank and then I'll be on my way to accept CC payments. Very excited about it as currently I am only accepting Paypal and bank wire in the EU. I think allowing CC payments will get more customers to complete the checkout process.

Anyone here have a tip on what other methods of payment would be best to look into too. I'm targetting the "worldwide" market, so not country or zone (nor currency) specific.

I'm just starting with Prestashop and wanted to say thanks Ox40 and all who've contributed to this module - offline processing is a definite must have feature.

1 bug and 1 feature request (and apologies if these have been mentioned):

Bug - It seems the order won't complete if you have Require CVC Number set to false.
Feature - Having a 'split' option would be great - where only a portion of the CC number (say the first 12 or the middle 8 digits) are stored in the db and the remaining digits are emailed to the store owner. That way the whole number is never stored in the same place.

Hi,

I just have installed the Offline CC Module. I wanted to know where the Credit Card Information stored in order to have a payment processed?

Regards,

It will appear in the Order details in the backoffice. You'll likely have to make the modifications detailed in post 87 of this thread first.

Hi Kevin,

Great job!
Some issues that I faced:
1- The module doesn't recognise Indian Credit cards. So, the user is stuck and is not able to submit information. eg. the credit cards starting with "5289".
2- It always shows the amount in USD $. Even if the customer has chosen Indian Rupees as his currency, it still shows amount in Dollars. I also tested with Euro and again it showed Dollars $. It should show the amount in Customer's chosen currency.

cheers,
lucky

Hi,

It seems that there is an update for this module, but the link is broken.
The server seems to be down.
Where can we found the latest version of this module, or the 2.0.5 is the latest one ?

Hi Kevin,

Will it be possible for you to include the fix for these issue in the next updated version?
1- The module doesn’t recognise Indian Credit cards. So, the user is stuck and is not able to submit information. eg. the credit cards starting with “5289”.
2- It always shows the amount in USD $. Even if the customer has chosen Indian Rupees as his currency, it still shows amount in Dollars. I also tested with Euro and again it showed Dollars $. It should show the amount in Customer’s chosen currency.

-lucky

Try adding
$useSSL = true;

to the top of creditcard.php

I have heard that that was the issue.

--Kevin

It looks like that needs to go at the top of payment.php instead. I declared the variable in both for good measure, but putting it in payment.php fixed the problem. Thanks!

Where can I see the credit card information sumitted by users? Couldn't foind anything in the Backoffice>>orders screen
-lucky

same issue as lucky where do you see the information?

Hi Kevin,

Regarding the first issue mentioned by me in my previous posts,
i.e. The module doesn’t recognise Indian Credit cards. So, the user is stuck and is not able to submit information. eg. the credit cards starting with “5289”.

I tried debugging the issue.
the method modTenValue( cardNumber ) returns false for credit cards starting with 5289(Mastercard).
I didnt understand what this method is doing. The comment for this method says:"Returns true if the cardNumber has a valid mod10 check digit".
Can you please explain why and what exactly is done by this method?

-lucky

Hi Kevin,

Regarding the second issue mentioned by me in my previous posts,
i.e. It always shows the amount in USD $. Even if the customer has chosen Indian Rupees as his currency, it still shows amount in Dollars. I also tested with Euro and again it showed Dollars $. It should show the amount in Customer’s chosen currency.

I tried debugging the issue.
In payment_execution.tpl, the value of $currencies|@count is coming as 1. So, it contains only one currency i.e. the store's default currency. Ideally, it should contain all the allowed currencies. So, $currencies|@count should be greater than 1.
This will allow the customer to choose his currency from a drop down, and as soon as he chooses his currency, the order value will be shown in that currency.
Can you please take a look into this issue.

-lucky

Hi Jessy,

Where did u find that information? I still havent found it. :(
Can you share it with me?

-lucky

hey send me a pm and I'll do what I can to help. I'll be free in about 4-5hours.

Re seeing credit card numbers. It come sup on the order page above the shipping info.

I installed 3 shops. Once on 1.1 and Twice on 1.2

The 1.2 showed the cc no problem. While the 1.1 did not.

This is quite a frustrating problem and does any one have ideas on how to make it show if it doesnt?

hope this helps soemone

When processing a credit card I get this message "can't open file".
I can't seem to get this module working. I have SSL installed and I also uninstalled and reinstalled this module but when a credit card is submitted I get "can't open file".

On the admin section it says the order was made but I get no information about the credit card that was submitted.

My shop is working perfectly except for this issue. Anyone else come across this problem???

I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE OF " Some parameters are missing."
ANY IDEA WHY I GET THIS? THIS MODULE WORKED AT FIRST AND NOW I AM READY TO GO LIVE BUT CAN'T FIX THIS ERROR.
PLEASE HELP!!

I have not tested in v1.2 -- 'cannot open file' and 'some parameters are missing' are errors that I have not encountered yet. I do not know of any solution yet.

--Kevin

So I checked this module during first installation and it works fine. I decided to paste the working "creditcard" module into my ready made shop but still getting the same error message. So how come it works in the untweaked version and not in the tweaked one? On thing I noticed. In the admin office where you configure the "offline credit card" module my logo still shows up. Also it shows up on the page where you enter credit card details. This is really strange because that logo has now been deleted. When you check the module folder you can only see the original logo, the hand with credit cards in it. I don't know if this has anything to do with not being able to just install the working module again.

i replaced ps_module in the database with the ps_module that was working in the original prestashop and replaced all the ps_order related tables in the database. This seems to have cured the problem. I also noticed that under order/order statuses in the backoffice line 11 "waiting credit card authorisation" was missing. Although adding this line alone didn't solve the problem.

Davidtnb: type in a valid credit card number ;)

You can't just type in any old number, creditcard numbers are very specific depending on issuing company, issuing bank, and they contain a check digit at the end to make sure that all the numbers have been typed/read correctly.

While testing, when in doubt, use:
4111-1111-1111-1111 (without dashes... so 4111111111111111)
It is technically a VISA card, with the correct check digit, but it is not a real card. It is probably the most commonly used test creditcard number. :)

If, after that, you still get an error, I need to know some things:
Is the error being pointed out by Javascript (that is, before the form is submitted), or after. Where is the error? Is javascript pulling up a VISA logo next to the input box after you type in the number?

--Kevin

Davidtnb: type in a valid credit card number ;)

You can't just type in any old number, creditcard numbers are very specific depending on issuing company, issuing bank, and they contain a check digit at the end to make sure that all the numbers have been typed/read correctly.

While testing, when in doubt, use:
4111-1111-1111-1111 (without dashes... so 4111111111111111)
It is technically a VISA card, with the correct check digit, but it is not a real card. It is probably the most commonly used test creditcard number. :)

If, after that, you still get an error, I need to know some things:
Is the error being pointed out by Javascript (that is, before the form is submitted), or after. Where is the error? Is javascript pulling up a VISA logo next to the input box after you type in the number?

--Kevin

Hey Kevin, it worked with the number you gave me. I was using my credit card number, but it was not accepting it... Thanks for the help. Great module!

What kind of Credit Card do you have? If you give me the name, I can incorporate support for that issuer.

--Kevin

Its actually a visa card, so I have no clue... :-\

hi

thank you for the great module

does it accept visa card ??

Yes, I got it working. I guess that your name length has to do with what numbers are on your card, I used my name and it actually started accepting it. I was using a random name with my CC number and it wouldnt accept, but this actually works perfectly.

Hey Ox40 I am getting this when I click submit now - http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7631/asdfasdfadsfasdfdsfdsas.jpg

I made everything in the credit card folder 777 but still no clue. Is there anyway to force https in all of the files?

Update, I did what this post said - http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/9478/P0/general_discussion/temporary_fix_for_ssl

I added " $useSSL = true; " to the top of the payment.php file and got it working.

Does anyone know why the website switches to http from https when customer decides to click on the "pay by credit card" option? It stays https for all the other payment options. By the way it seems to affect the 1.2 version only.

Thanks

I installed the module version 2.0.5. There are no errors. Everything works fine. Just can not figure out where to look for the card data to check?

Thanks

firstly,
thank you for this fantastic module. the uses for this are endless.

i have a bit of a noob question,

instalation has been flawless for the module... everything has gone seamlessly untill i realised i have no idea how i would go about being able to view the credid card numbers for manual prcesing.

could somone please tell me how i would go about this...

i have found what i presume is an encrypted database file but im not 100%

regards,

Simple1

thanks kevin,

i back read last night and missed those pages all together.

very helpfull.
now working correctly.

thaks to this, site will hopefuly be live mid next week.

• 2 weeks later...

With the cheque and bank wire payments an email is sent to the customer advising them their order is awaiting processing but this module doesn't do that. Is there anything to make it do that? Once confirmed does it advise the customer that?

Has it been tested with 1.2?

Cheers
Anna

Excellent module, certainly the best available.

Next to where the customer enters their cc number, I've just got a big picture of a question mark! Can I make this change, it's not right I'm sure!

First of All, I will say, this module is Beautiful :)

I Installed it in the latest beta version ( from today June 14th '09 )
There are a few small problems, maybe you can help me out resolving them.

1. Then revealing the credit card information in the Order Page, there are 2 Blocks with the same Credit Card information. ( IMG Attached )

2. There are some symbols next to the expiration date of the credit card ( img attached )

3. Does this module sends an email to the Buyer/Costumer letting them know their order is pending credit card authorization ? if so where can I edit this email ? if not, this would be really helpful :)

I have attached a pic with the code I edited as requested to make the module work, if you see anything wrong, please let me know.

Thank you in advanced, and once again, outstanding module.

Alex H.

9547_gOcMpSymvO0nNdJEuJpB_t

9548_m3PkkUiqIiLs09IA22ga_t

Excellent module, certainly the best available.

Next to where the customer enters their cc number, I've just got a big picture of a question mark! Can I make this change, it's not right I'm sure!

I have this same Issue.