Zenith

[MODIFICATION] RRP (Recommended Retail Price)

I'm still in need of some help here. I really need this for my shop, but it doesn't show

Ah crap, when I did an upgrade to the latest 1.4.5.1 it removed the RRR.

There are some issues with the 1.4.5.1 latest block layered module.

When active it shows RRP : 0 everywhere on product-list and nothing is shown on the product page (RRP : 0).

When not active , the product-list problem is solved but not the product page.

@rebirth : I think it's because of this condition

{if $rrp_price}
{/if}

I really don't understand what is this condition for.

I mean it should be something more like :

{if $rrp_price >=0}
{/if}

@philee , if you do this change , you'll probably have a "RRP : 0" too.

I tried your suggestion LEDestock, but it did not bring any solution. But still, thank you for trying to help me. You ar the first one :-)

@rebirth : Check your prestashop version. If it's 1.4.5.1 then it's normal. I'm having the same issue.

Don't worry Zenith will probably soon help us fixing this issue. He must be busy for the moment :)

Yes, Zenith is busy with his shop for the holiday season. We're waiting for him to make it work for the 1.4.5.1

Well, I'm very sorry to say, but it still doesn't work with me. And this is something I really can use on my shop. And there has been little, not to say no support at all from Zenith for my problem...

I know it was working for me. So I think you should check if you did it right.

Sorry fellas, had had a few issues lately, had a main HDD crash on my main PC and have just got it back yesterday, spent the most part of today re-installing all software, and my shop is getting busier and busier by the day so haven't had much time for custom coding.

OK so. The product listing page is at the moment broken, I was working on a fix when my HDD died and will get back to that as soon as I can. The product page should be working fine on any updated versions, I'm using 1.4.6 (SVN) and still works as it did, so check over your edits.

This condition "{if $rrp_price}" is correct, basically if there is a RRP price it will include the code in the condition, thus showing the RRP function.

Sorry fellas, had had a few issues lately, had a main HDD crash on my main PC and have just got it back yesterday, spent the most part of today re-installing all software, and my shop is getting busier and busier by the day so haven't had much time for custom coding.

OK so. The product listing page is at the moment broken, I was working on a fix when my HDD died and will get back to that as soon as I can. The product page should be working fine on any updated versions, I'm using 1.4.6 (SVN) and still works as it did, so check over your edits.

This condition "{if $rrp_price}" is correct, basically if there is a RRP price it will include the code in the condition, thus showing the RRP function.

You're back! :)

So if I install the latest RRP version it will work with 1.4.5.1?

It should, it's working fine on 1.4.6 for me, there have been no changes over the last few PS versions so it should not have effected the RRP feature on the product page. (Note: category page is not working on latest PS versions)

Hm strange, when I performed the upgrade to my 1.4.5.1 it removed the entire RRP field. Lost all of it.

That's most likely due to you overwriting your old PS files with the newer ones. If you do this you'll need to re-apply the file edits for RRP. Database field should still exist though. This applies to any modification.

Ah, yes I did. Thanks I will give it a shot later today when I am free.

Score! It works, and all the values are still there! :)

Only thing is it doesn't show in the product-list :(

Hi, Does someone knows if it works for PS 1.4.3?

Thanx

In my 1.4.3 shop, it doesn't work

RRP works on the product page in all 1.4.x versions. Check you have done all file edits correctly if it is not working for you.

@sudhakarm1

It works with 1.4.5.1, I installed Zenith latest version to my store and it works fine for the product.php. I am still trying to figure out why it doesn't show up in my product-list page though.

The product list isn't showing as it does not read from the controller file where the calculation is now done. I haven't had any time lately to figure out a new solution to this, so if anyone has any ideas, let's hear them!

RRP works on the product page in all 1.4.x versions. Check you have done all file edits correctly if it is not working for you.

Hi Zenith,

After editing the file, this is how the product page is shown. The RRP is shown as striked. and I am not able to install the module provided at your loc site.

regards,

Sudhakar

post-287397-0-01196900-1320383761_thumb.png

It's meant to be striked out, you can alter the css/template as you require.

Which module?

Edit the css additions you made from the RRP installation file.

That module is not mine but a ripoff of my RRP code by someone else trying to claim my code as theirs.

Ah, I attempted the module. Looks like it works, but then it messed up my regular RRP mod from Zenith and now the You Save: section doesn't show up the saving amount.

Ah figured out why. After installing that module, it changed my product.tpl to

{if $rrp_price}
<p id="rrp_price">{l s='MSRP :'} <strike>
{convertPrice price=$rrp_price}
{if $tax_enabled && ((isset($display_tax_label) && $display_tax_label == 1) OR !isset($display_tax_label))}
 {if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}
{/if}
</strike></p>
<p id="reduction_percent">{l s='You save:'}<span id="reduction_percent_display">
{if $tax_enabled && ((isset($display_tax_label) && $display_tax_label == 1) OR !isset($display_tax_label))}
 {if $priceDisplay == 1}
  {convertPrice price=($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(false, $smarty.const.NULL))}
  {l s='('}{round((($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(false, $smarty.const.NULL)) / $rrp_price) * 100, 0)}%{l s=')'}
 {else}
  {convertPrice price=($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(true, $smarty.const.NULL))}{/if}
  {l s='('}{round((($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(true, $smarty.const.NULL)) / $rrp_price) * 100, 0)}%{l s=')'}
{/if}
</span></p>
{/if}

Then I changed it back to:

{if $rrp_price}
<p id="rrp_price">{l s='MSRP :'} <strike>
{/if}
</strike></p>
<p id="reduction_percent">{l s='You save:'}<span id="reduction_percent_display">
{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}
 {convertPrice price=($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(true, $smarty.const.NULL))}
 {l s='('}{round((($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(true, $smarty.const.NULL)) / $rrp_price) * 100, 0)}%{l s=')'}
{elseif $priceDisplay == 1}
 {convertPrice price=($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(false, $smarty.const.NULL))}
 {l s='('}{round((($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(false, $smarty.const.NULL)) / $rrp_price) * 100, 0)}%{l s=')'}
{/if}
</span></p>
{/if}

Reduction amount is now back on. :)

I forgot to test it. I just checked out from one of the products in the featured tabs. You can give it a try, and just to adjust your product.tpl if you decide otherwise after.

Nope, can't get it to show on the product-list with the set of instructions that came with RRP documents. I don't have the developer expertise to make it work as well.

Hi, this is a great module and has helped me out a lot. Thank you for that.

I'm having a problem with it unfortunately. On the Product page, it seems to be adding tax on top of the RRP, which already has tax included. How can I fix this? therefore from that, the You Save in percentage and amount is incorrect.

Also, I can't seem to get the RRP displaying on the product list page.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The RRP entered in the BO should not include tax as it is added on the front end. It should be a pre-tax price.

Product list page does not work at the moment.

Ah. I may have a fiddle with it and see if I can get it working how I'd like it to.

Thanks for the quick response btw!

Hi Zenith, just on the point of RRP to not include Tax - on the Import page, it says Recommended retail price tax incl. Should that say excl.?

Yeah it should - that wasnt updated after I changed it to exclude tax, I'll fix that wording for next version.

Hi all! I agree, great module! I'm having one problem though...

The rrp shows perfectly in the products page (linked to products.tpl) but on the products list page, I'm, getting nothing. Checking the logs, I'm, getting this error:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: rrp_price in /var/www/ 

Any idea what's going on? Seems that smarty isn't being passed the variable from the php backend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mustard.

I'm using 1.4.6.2 and for the product.list I use this code

{if $product.recommended_retail_price != 0}
 <div><span class="old_price" style="display: inline;"><span class="bold">
 {l s='RRP:'} <strike>{convertPrice price=$product.recommended_retail_price}
 </strike></span></span></div>
 {/if}

You put it just after

<div class="right_block_product_vertical">

@ peeke: That is code from an old version and will not include tax or work with currency conversions.

At the moment there is no code for the category page that includes these functions and works.

Hello, is there able to set the RRP is counted for example like this: my price * 1,5 = RRP.

And automatically for all products?

Thanks in advance for answer

@ simberak: You could only do that via phpMyAdmin

UPDATE `ps_product` SET recommended_retail_price = price * 1.5

Ive attempted to install this mod on my store using the black and white template. I have the option to ann the rrp in admin but it doesnt show up on the storefront. Any ideas please i'm a total newbi. Oh and im using PrestaShop™ 1.4.6.2 if that helps any lol

Thanks Dawny

Ive attempted to install this mod on my store using the black and white template. I have the option to ann the rrp in admin but it doesnt show up on the storefront. Any ideas please i'm a total newbi. Oh and im using PrestaShop™ 1.4.6.2 if that helps any lol

Thanks Dawny

Managed to get it installed on the original prestashop template but now the price impact isnt updateing on my products with attributes. Anyone else had that problem?

Dawny

Hi,

i just did all the updates on my website http://www.sympthome.com/fr/ (Version 1.4.3)

I work with a template I bought and then I updated the corresponding folders in this theme (not in the original theme prestashop)

I have the possibility to enter a RRP in my back office, but nothing appears on my product pages.

Do I have to update also all files concerned in the original theme Prestashop?

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Geoffrey

@ peeke: That is code from an old version and will not include tax or work with currency conversions.

At the moment there is no code for the category page that includes these functions and works.

Hello Zenith,

any idea how to make this work on category page?

If we could get this to work on the category page it would be perfect...

Just started using the modification, but its a massive downside that it doesnt work on the product list page. Does anyone have any idea how to make this work? Zenith are you closer to getting this working?

Nice mod, but a big shame it doesnt work on the product list page.

I use this mod and love it the only small issue I have is that I have products with attributes of different price and different RRP would there be anyway of making this mod change the RRP when the attribute of different price and RRP is selected? I'm guessing that there would have to be a RRP input box added to the Attribute creator but I don't have anywhere enough know how or experience to start playing with this.

Thanks Dawny

Could someone/ anyone edit the code of this mod to make it work on the category page, with currency and language? Don't know about everyone else, but I'd be happy to make a donation to whoever would be kind enough to do it.

It works for me when I display products by Manufacturer...

but not when I go into categories... oO

So there might be something to add in the classes/category.php file.. I don't know : /

Edited by LEDestock (see edit history)

Also on block new products... it works on product-list but not when going into categories :(

EDIT : It's working for me now ( 1.4.5.1 ).

I don't know what I've done to make it work, I think it was when I updated my blocklayered module with the latest Tools.php you can find here :

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/138036-mise-a-jour-du-module-navigation-a-facettes-pour-1451-et-maj-040412/

Please have a backup of your old Tools.php in case it doesn't work.

Edited by LEDestock (see edit history)

I think I've installed this correctly but it's not showing the RRP for me. I use RRP on the base price and then discount this for every visitor. This means that 'price' and 'rrp' are technically the same value. Could this be my problem? If so, is there a way to display the RRP regardless of whether it's greater than the sale price?

I installed this module...

It works but the RRP is only at product page. Neither catalog... nor manufactor list... etc..

I hope to update your module! :)

Thanks you

Hi,

Please advise how can we implement this in PS 1.5

Admin files are different and can't find the controller code to edit the prices in Admin

Waiting your kind reply,

Regards,

Version 1.4.9.0 is not working. but why? :(

Does someone managed to solve it in this version?

Edited by azsak (see edit history)

Adds a RRP feature that shows on the product and product list pages. Includes BO import feature.

This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4.4.1 (Code may be different for previous versions)

Feedback and requests for additional features are always welcome.

Installation instructions are contained in the attached archive.

I guess I'm a bit late, but does this still work for lastest version 1.5.3.1?

Thanks in advance :)

I am right behind you Oddyti5! Really need to know if this works. It should have been included in the shop to begin with IMHO. Very important feature.

I also want this for 1.5,should actually be standard

Hello,

I have prestashop version 1.4.7.3 and I did all points as zenith version v1.6a (2011-09-18).

I have checked all steps but still do not display RRP price on category-list. Does anybody has a solution for this?

Hi all!

I have a problem, I would like to generation unit price/product, For example: 1 bottle (0,75 liter) wein cost 10 Euro, unit price = 10/0,75= 13,33 euro-unit price / liter. I can it make manual, bur i have 1400 piece weij my shop.

version 1.4.8.2

how can it make automatic generation of unit prices

thx

Hey everyone - wondering if the add-on will work for 1.5? I've been looking everywhere for a MSRP add-on. Does anyone know where I can get a MAP add-on?

To display rrp price on product-list.php i've used this :

{if ($product.recommended_retail_price > 0)}
                       <span>{convertPrice price=$product.recommended_retail_price}</span>
                       {/if}

I simply used {$product|@var_dump} to know how the rrp was referenced in the array.

Hello,

I realized the modificationmais I encounter a problem when there is no reduction in the rpp shows me:

You realize a savings of € -59.80 (0%)

I want it to be hidden when 0% discount.

Thank you.

1.4.9.0. works on product page, doesn't on product-list page.

Doesn't work with product combinations like sizing / color of product with different prices.

e.g. I have product with sizes

M for $30

L for $50

but I can set only one RRP. Anybody fixed this?

If is someone interest, I have RRP for prestashop 1.5.5 version, but Emagicone store manager is needed for fully working.

Hi quite new to this could someone give me a bit of a tutorial on how to do this ? 

thanks 

Jack

When you change code like in manual it will looks like on my page:

in product-list: http://www.luxusnakupelna.sk/3-sanitarna-keramika

in product: http://www.luxusnakupelna.sk/umyvadla/402-kolo-aplauz-zapustne-umyvadlo-s-otvorom-60-x-47-cm-41860-5906976002367.html

RRP is in my language Bezna cena

Here is the manual:

#
#----------[ DATABASE SQL ]----------
#
ALTER TABLE `ps_product` ADD `recommended_retail_price` DECIMAL(20,6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.000000' AFTER `price`;

#
#----------[ OPEN ]----------
#
classes/Product.php

#
#----------[ FIND ]----------
#
/** @var float Price in euros */
public $price = 0;

#
#----------[ AFTER, ADD ]----------
#
/** @var float Recommended Retail Price in euros */
public $recommended_retail_price = 0;

#
#
controllers/front/ProductController.php

#
#
$ecotax_tax_amount = Tools::ps_round($ecotax_tax_amount * (1 + $ecotax_rate / 100), 2);

#
#
// RRP
$rrpPrice = Tools::ps_round($this->product->recommended_retail_price, 2);
if (Product::$_taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_INC && (int)Configuration::get('PS_TAX'))
$rrpPrice = Tools::ps_round($rrpPrice * (1 + $tax / 100), 2);

#
#
'ecotaxTax_rate' => $ecotax_rate,

#
#
'rrp_price' => Tools::convertPrice($rrpPrice),

#
#
themes/prestashop/product.tpl

#
#
{*close if for show price*}

#
#----------[ BEFORE, ADD ]----------
#
{if $rrp_price}
<p id="rrp_price">{l s='RRP :'} <strike>
{/if}
</strike></p>
{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}
{convertPrice price=($rrp_price - $product->getPrice(true, $smarty.const.NULL))}
{elseif $priceDisplay == 1}
{/if}
</span></p>
{/if}

#
#
themes/prestashop/css/product.css

#
#
/* prices */

#
#
#primary_block #buy_block p#rrp_price {
font-size: 0.9em;
text-align: right
}

#
#----------[ INFO ]----------
#
The following code will add RRP to the product listing (category) page.

#
#
themes/prestashop/product-list.tpl

#
#
{if ($product.id_product_attribute == 0 || (isset($add_prod_display) && ($add_prod_display == 1))) && $product.available_for_order && !isset($restricted_country_mode) && $product.minimal_quantity <= 1 && $product.customizable != 2 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

#
#----------[ BEFORE, ADD ]----------
#
{if $product.recommended_retail_price != 0}
<div><span class="old_price" style="float:left;display:inline;margin:2px 0px 5px 0px;color:#666666;font-size:12px"><span class="normal">
{l s='RRP:'} <strike>{convertPrice price=$product.recommended_retail_price}
</strike></span></span></div>
{/if}

• Like 1

Adds a RRP feature that shows on the product and product list pages. Includes BO import feature.

This modification is for PrestaShop v1.4.4.1 (Code may be different for previous versions)

Feedback and requests for additional features are always welcome.

Installation instructions are contained in the attached archive.

hi i been looking for rrp module by longtime its compatible with prestashop 1.6.0.14?

I'm running prestashop 1.6.0.14 and would be very interested in this feature too. Has there been any updates for it to work on the newer versions of Prestashop?

Calculation of VAT does not work on version 1.6.1.X  :-( . Error is in the file prices.tpl in override. Can someone repair the code? Thanks.

Hi,

if anybody knows a method  in order  to not getting compared prices i.e no rrp in case rrp="myprice" I will be very glad and thankful. So I am looking for a exemption that in case that rrp=myprice there won´t be a stroken price. No it shows a stroken price and "You save 0.." -not a good impression.

Ths, regards,  Mark