Setting up Domain Name for Prestashop 1.6 Multistore

Hello,
I have some trouble. We need to setup a Multistore but I don't know how to configure the Domain Name to point to the Shop.

We have Shop 1 installed and the Multistore is setup. The Settings looks good and the Shop seems to be configurated correctly but the Domain Name for shop 2 is not pointing right. We only come to the server side not to the Shop. As far as I understood, Prestashop is manageing redirection on it's own, but it's not working. We are using CPanel as Server Control. And the Domains DNS are correctly configured and the Domain is parked under the same account and IP as the "Master Shop"

Thanks for helping

Marc

Edited by 1stshops (see edit history)

what you have done sounds correct, i.e. cpanel park to main domain.

sometimes we must clear our browser cache to get the nth domain working properly.

Hello,

thanks for your answer, unfortunately I have cleared all cache, local on my Browser, Server and on Prestashop. I have even tried to make a redirection on the parked Domain. What else could this be?

If I leave it like it is, the Domain points back to the main store.

this is 'almost' always issue with PrestaShop actually getting the 2nd shop domain name rather than PrestaShop having a bug.

the hosting name and nameservers should be of that actual domain, not main domain...then you park to main domain in cpanel.

Ok, I have parked the second Domain under the Hosting Account of the main Domain. Is this correct? DNS and IP are the same as on the main Domain.

Ok, I have parked the second Domain under the Hosting Account of the main Domain. Is this correct? DNS and IP are the same as on the main Domain.

the dns can't be the same of the main domain, else it would be the main domain, yes?  keep things distinct at a dns level, i.e. the park is the end result, the dns is independent of the park.

the dns of the 2nd domain, is hosting name and nameservers fo  'that'  domain.  

you may need help from your hosting and/or url registrar to help you with that.

example, here is sample dns for one of my multishop domains: (I use plesk but concept is the same).  

10.10.2014-14.17.png

http://screencast.com/t/0Xx98zA6Kp

the dns can't be the same of the main domain, else it would be the main domain, yes?  keep things distinct at a dns level, i.e. the park is the end result, the dns is independent of the park.

the dns of the 2nd domain, is hosting name and nameservers fo  'that'  domain.  

you may need help from your hosting and/or url registrar to help you with that.

example, here is sample dns for one of my multishop domains: (I use plesk but concept is the same).  

10.10.2014-14.17.png

http://screencast.com/t/0Xx98zA6Kp

Hello,

I am running my own server, so no Hosting Company behind.

The DNS for the 2 Domains are the same as they are running on the same server.

So Domain 1 has the DNS setup:

dns1.dynamiceservices.com

dns2.dynamiceservices.com

Pointing on the same server IP. CPanel is server control panel.

As far as I read is PRestashop doing the Routing for the second Domain. I can't see what is wrong...

again, and this is my understanding and experience.

the dns can 'not' be the same.  as shown in the image I provided.

maybe you can provide screen shots of your dns for each domain.

I have added Screenshots from the DNS. As you can see the DNS from Domain 1 is not the same as for Domain 2.

Domain 1 (shop.infinitec-group.com) is dns19.ovh.net. and ns19.ovh.net.

Domain 2 (topdilz.com) is dns1.dynamiceservices.com and dns2.dynamiceservices.com

For both Domains the A Record is set to the server IP: 80.90.43.164

dns_topdilz.jpg

dns_infinitec.jpg

how do you remove the /shop/ from shop1 url?

as it is now, shop2 domain is not resolving to /shop/ uri.

The Shop will not be removed, as there will be an entrance Page. As I read on several Places, Prestashop will handle the resolving of the Domain Name, I guess via .htaccess. I have also tried with a redirection, but this has not worked either.

The Shop will not be removed, as there will be an entrance Page. As I read on several Places, Prestashop will handle the resolving of the Domain Name, I guess via .htaccess. I have also tried with a redirection, but this has not worked either.

Ok, I have seen now, that the second Domain Topdilz points to the main Account, but not on the subdomain shop.infinitec-group.com

I will have to find out now how I can route this.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

all of my domains are on same name server , ns0.r365net , ns1.r365net & ns2.r365net.

If i am correct the URL for multistore i set in admin ends up being Shop2.com. URL in multistore should NOT BE MainDomain.com/Shop2, correct?

Then for MainDomain.com i set aliase Shop2.com, this is correct?

Does this work for MainDomain.com/Shop (main URL for PS) , then set Shop2.com as alias on MainDomain.com ?

Thank you