SOLVED: Viewport dude: Zoom on mobile devices

Hi All!

I have a question, it took several days tinkering with my header viewport in PS1.6, because I need the final user can zoom limitless in my store. So I changed the header like this:

​<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=yes" />

This system works well, but the problem is that it only does the zoom if the mobile browser has selected the option: "desktop view" if it is in standar "mobile view" (which is usually what most users have by default), the store does not zoom :( (I tested with the default android, firefox, chrome and opera)

​Anyone can check this problem??

​This is my web: www.comercialmoyano.com

Edited by MarioCM (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The "problem" is in the javascript of the default theme in PS 1.6 (and any themes based on it): https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.6.0.14/themes/default-bootstrap/js/global.js#L32

Basically the default theme arbitrarily disables zooming on Android devices. Why, you ask? I have no idea.

You can disable this behavior by deleting that if statement where the sniffing and disabling happens.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I currently work in an e-shop developed by Presta.
Unfortunately we have realised that the final user cannot zoom in the store while navigating through mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones.
We have already asked our developper to solve it but unluckily he informed us that this is a problem related to android operating system and there is no way to fix it.

Regarding this post from 2014 and my developper's information, I feel a bit confused.

Is it possible or not to enable zoom in on moblie devices?

Thank you in advance

Edited by PrestaShop_newbie_ (see edit history)

Hi all,

I currently work in an e-shop developed by Presta.

Unfortunately we have realised that the final user cannot zoom in the store while navigating through mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones.

We have already asked our developper to solve it but unluckily he informed us that this is a problem related to android operating system and there is no way to fix it.

Regarding this post from 2014 and my developper's information, I feel a bit confused.

Is it possible or not to enable zoom in on moblie devices?

Thank you in advance

Hi!

This exact problem has been fixed in the default theme of PrestaShop. If you have a theme based on it that was personalised before the change happened, it is likely that you need to apply the changes manually. In this case it is not complicated to apply the change, it is just a matter of removing two lines, specifically see this link: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/3503/files

If you open the file themes/[your-theme-name]/js/global.js in your website, see the lines highlighted in red, then you can safely removed them. After you apply the change, make sure two a hard refresh (ctrl-shift-r in Chrome or Firefox — cmd-shift-r on a Mac) to make sure the file is updated in the browser cache.

Hope it works for you.