Adjusting the shop to digital products sales

Doko

I'm selling only digital products in my store so I would like to do the following:

- remove adress and shipping from the checkout (redirection to the payment method selection straight after registration)

- remove "My adresses" from the account overview 

- remove all the information associated with shipping from the order history (tracking number, weight, shipping adress etc.).

How to do this? I have found a tutorial here but it seems to be pretty outdated (my store runs newest version).

please don't bump...thanks

this is development forum, advice back up any files before changing them.

also understand repercussions of changing 'address'/'registration' process because you end cart process payment method may very well require them.

you can easily change shipping carrier to something like your shop immediate electronic delivery...

The payment gateways I'm using do not require physicial adress, so I don't expect it to be a problem. I would just like to keep the ordering process as simple and short as possible, not to mention that some of my customers might not feel comfortable sharing those details considering they are not needed to process or deliver their order.

As for changing shipping carrier - I have already done it but it would be much better to completely remove it as it doesn't do anything useful and those few additional clicks might result in less conversions.

I hear you.  This is the development section, basically for people that want to dig in.

do you want to dig into code?

best to start with building yourself a test environment, have ftp, some sort of code editor etc.  in this topic section there are some tutorials about how to build localhost.  then you can start hacking away..build your hack...test it...then release to prod.

Of course I don't mind digging into the code to get it done, though I don't even know where to start as I am not a developer myself thus I would really appreciate any insight.

Creating a test enviorment is not a problem, I just don't know where to start with the hacking ;)

Of course I don't mind digging into the code to get it done, though I don't even know where to start as I am not a developer myself thus I would really appreciate any insight.

Creating a test enviorment is not a problem, I just don't know where to start with the hacking ;)

one step at a time.  learning to do it, then you won't rely on others so much...so many things to know...ave maria

let us know when you have a development environment. :)

Alright, so I have backed up and opened AuthController.php with Sublime Text which seems to be a decent OSX code editor with lots of colors and things ;)

I have briefly went through that file but I am not really sure what am I looking at - and more important - for ;) I assume that I should probably delete the part of the code that is responsible for adding adress but I wasn't able to find it in the file you have mentioned.

Alright, so I have backed up and opened AuthController.php with Sublime Text which seems to be a decent OSX code editor with lots of colors and things ;)

I have briefly went through that file but I am not really sure what am I looking at - and more important - for ;) I assume that I should probably delete the part of the code that is responsible for adding adress but I wasn't able to find it in the file you have mentioned.

learning by experimentation, and having backup. :)  make sure to review the developers guide...

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Developer+Guide

this is a new aspect of prestashop worth reading/learning: helpers