Best Payment Gateways?

Hey guys, I need some help looking for the right payment processor.

Basically I'm looking for either

1. Processes credit cards etc integrated ON one page checkout - without monthly fees and at pay as you go

Or

2. Something like intuitpay but available in Australia and not just UK/US. - able to process stored credit card details - same no monthly fees and pay as you go

Some help would be great !

Hello bellini13, I think I have.

Problem with stripe: they don't allow holding differing currencies and automatically convert to your home country. And majority of my sales are US and I'm from australia. Hence I get converted terrible exchange rates.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but if you open an account with either Stripe or Braintree, why not specify the currency as USD and avoid any exchange rate conversion by the gateway.

Then when you receive the funds via a bank transfer, I assume your bank would perform the conversion from USD to your home currency?

I have tried. Yes, had a look into their faq and all and it may be possible as their similar to paypal. The problem with paypal is that they don't integrate their checkout (redirects you to their site).

I emailed them yesterday and still waiting on a reply. If you think of any other payment gateways please let me know !

Braintree would be directly integrated into your website.  They also offer an embedded Paypal Button which is also directly integrated into your website.

There are also Paypal modules that allow you to directly integrate into your website (advanced payments), but you pay a hefty fee to Paypal to allow it.

You should probably consider updating your requirements in the original topic to include the statement about how you want to use currencies.  It does not seem to only be about no monthly fees and direct integration, but also about currency exchange.

Thanks Bellini.

Braintree have contacted me, seems like the only problem now with them is that - you can't withdraw funds into a US bank account

I've looked into Paypal however their services for integrated checkout is only for US.

Basically my requirements are -

-Able to open account from Australia

-Holds USD funds and can withdraw to US bank

-No monthly fees

-Able to integrate checkout for prestashop

Basically PayPal with integration. - which paypal limits to only US

Or any virtual terminal like IntuitPay (intuitpay is limited to UK/US not for AU yet) - this way i can collect details through offline CC and then process on virtual terminal

Braintree have contacted me, seems like the only problem now with them is that - you can't withdraw funds into a US bank account

My funds get withdrawn to a US bank account.  Or are you saying because you have a non-US business, that they will not allow the funds to be withdrawn to a US bank account?

Unfortunately I am not aware of a gateway that would meet all of your requirements.  They may exist, I'm just no aware of them.  If you do find a gateway that works, and you need a payment module for it, let me know

That's correct. They can only transfer funds to a bank of your residence.

I'm considering using a offline credit card module then processing through a virtual terminal.

Would you know any modules where I can put a surcharge to the total fee?

• 1 month later...

I would suggest www.simplify.com This is a MasterCard payment subsidiary that offers 2.85% +.30 USD per transaction. Watch out for the predators out there ... PCI fees, statements charges, batch fees, cancellation during a full moon when the tide is high.

Besides, they are integrated into Prestashop... look under Others.

Best regards to all.