URL structure

BellG

Hi,

I am working on my new webshop selling mens and womens clothes.

I have created two categories with some subcategories:

• WOMEN > jeans
                    > shirts
                    > dress
                    > underwear

• MEN > jeans
             > shirts
             > blouse
            > underwear

I am using the friendly url option and would like to setup the following as it’s a must have for SEO and to my opinion the basic.

1. I would like remove the id’s in the friendly urls.

2. Would like to setup the following url structure (SEO must have):

www.mysite.com/category/subcategory
    and for the product page: www.mysite.com/productname

I can set the url structure for the product page in the admin area > SEO & urls by removing {category:/} but how can set the category urls to: /category/subcategory

After the id’s will be removed and as I am using same subcategory names my structure will look like this: www.mysite.com/jeans but i am selling as well as men’s jeans as women’s jeans. Thats why I need the category and subcategory structure.

How can set the above mentioned structure?

Thanks!

Edited by BellG (see edit history)

It seems that there is no solution for this. I am truly amazed that this basic configurations are simply too much asked to.

First when I installed prestashop and configured the friendly url option, I noticed the id's in the friendly urls and became kind of disappointed. After some research I found some custom solutions and plugins and I thought, I can live with that!

But unfortunately I noticed another crucial downside of the seo structure of prestashop.The url structure as I mentioned here above is truly the basic and a must haves! You can be proud for having more than 4,000,000 downloads but when this kind of seo basics are not correct than you are missing something crucial in in your e-commerce platform.

I really started to like Prestashop and was excited to try this e-commerce platform but due this structure issue I have to switch another platform, their out of the box solution is better of SEO and url structure.

Edited by BellG (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is not a problem. If you remove the number YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO OR MORE SUBCATEGORIES with the same name.

Why? Because www.hello.com/thesame is = www.hello.com/thesame although before there were 32-the same and 54-thesame

If you don't understand, you don't know the basics about html code.

This is not a problem. If you remove the number YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO OR MORE SUBCATEGORIES with the same name.

Why? Because www.hello.com/thesame is = www.hello.com/thesame although before there were 32-the same and 54-thesame

If you don't understand, you don't know the basics about html code.

I'm new in Presta and it seems prestashop need some SEO experts to improve the link qualitiy

For instance presta links look so mydomain.de/44-womens-shoe  this is very bad solution its default in presta. 44-womens-shoe means for google 44 Woman shoe size. If you want to sell only Womans Shoes, Presta asks google to send women with big foots of 44. Thats very bad solution.

Is there any way to set those id numbers in the End with other Numbers?  like  mydomain.de/womens-shoe-00 ? the better way is to hide ID numbers like in Wordpress

If google do this then it s easy maybe to sell a lot of shoes if you make a category for every shoes size... smile... ;-)

Selling big shoes is no good solution...? smile... ;-)

But it should be possible to put the category numbers at the end of the url.

Here you can change the url

admin/index.php?controller=AdminMeta

Route to category

{id}-{rewrite}

Keywords: id*, rewrite, meta_keywords, meta_title

Edited by mannefred (see edit history)