Back Office Problems

websitebuilder

Hello,

I started to have some issues today with my back office of Prestashop V1.6.0.8 using 1and1 as my hosting provider. It started by getting slower and slower, although the front site remained the same speed as it did before. 

Throughout the course of the day it has gotten so slow that now I wait over a minute for a page to load. I have disabled the non essential prestashop modules and the back office resumes its normal speed but the modules tab is really slow. Also, when I turn off all the none essential modules and go back to the modules tab it shows all the modules as not installed when they are.

Again, the front end appears to be working perfectly.

I really need some help on this as not sure whats gone wrong. Please can someone give me some quotes and timeframe for this?

Thanks

Chris

I downloaded this ready to install after I the back office started to run so slow but now because I am having issues with the module tab in the back office it won't let me do that. I think there is a technical issue with the site.

I can't believe it, I have spent 4 months learning Prestashop and was about to launch in the next 2 weeks and now this has happened. Just hope I haven't lost everything.

what is your exact ps version?

I will try to help for free while you await bid for help.

in config/defines.inc.php turn on debug profiling (set to true), then visit the slow page.  (turn off after capturing the stats (bottom of page)) as all visitor will generate stats.

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

this will give you valuable info timings

I don't seem to get anything with reference to timings. Just the below and to be honest, the contents of this seems to change depending on what page I click on in the back office:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

MySQL server has gone away

SELECT *		FROM `ps_quick_access` qa		LEFT JOIN `ps_quick_access_lang` qal ON (qa.`id_quick_access` = qal.`id_quick_access` AND qal.`id_lang` = 3)		ORDER BY `name` ASC

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);630. 		}631. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))632. 		{633. 			if ($sql)634. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');635. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());636. 		}637. 	}638. 639. 	/**

I did really know how but for some reason the modules tab didn't always load as it should, sometimes it would say a module isn't installed when it was. I refreshed the page a few times and managed to get the modules to load properly stating installed. I then started to delete the more recent modules and found it was a corrupt module in the end as now its working fine. 

• Like 1

Im not sure that would be fair to the developer Vekia as I haven't given them chance to repair it yet. I can say it wasn't on the Prestashop website and that it was a module that allowed the admin to upload a file to the customers order in the back office that the customer could see in their my account section. 

Its a shame the module doesn't work as this was a key function for our website.

I don't seem to get anything with reference to timings. Just the below and to be honest, the contents of this seems to change depending on what page I click on in the back office:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

MySQL server has gone away

SELECT *		FROM `ps_quick_access` qa		LEFT JOIN `ps_quick_access_lang` qal ON (qa.`id_quick_access` = qal.`id_quick_access` AND qal.`id_lang` = 3)		ORDER BY `name` ASC

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);630. 		}631. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))632. 		{633. 			if ($sql)634. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');635. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());636. 		}637. 	}638. 639. 	/**

I have exactly the same message. It happens when I try to access to the stats... 

For me the stats don't work at all ! I cannot select month, day etc,,, it always shows the same month (the last one) 

Can you help ?