Categories Link not displaying

It could be caused by a theme issue or a Javascript issue. If it is a theme issue, going to Preferences and turning on the "v1.1 theme compatibility" might work. If you give me a link to your site, I can check for Javascript errors.

It could be caused by a theme issue or a Javascript issue. If it is a theme issue, going to Preferences and turning on the "v1.1 theme compatibility" might work. If you give me a link to your site, I can check for Javascript errors.

Hi Rocky the compatibility mode is on. I guess this happened after i delete the default dummy categories. Here's the link

Shop

I just tested the link in IE8, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera. I just got a whole lot of "Server Not Found", "DNS Error" and "Page cannot be displayed" messages in them. I don't understand why it would work for you for not for me.

It works through a proxy. I don't understand why my IP would be blocked. I just checked and the categories are there, but because of Javascript errors, they are not being displayed. The error messages are 'Jquery is not defined', which makes me think it is a theme issue. The theme mustn't be designed for the version of Prestashop you are using. If you've already tried turning "v1.1 theme compatibility" on and off, I'm not sure what else you can do. I remember someone once replaced the jQuery files in a v1.1 theme to get it working with v1.2. Unfortunately, I've forgotten where it is though.

I use IE8. When there is a Javascript error, it says "Done, but with errors" in the bottom left corner. When I click the icon, it displays all the Javascript error messages on the page. I'm not sure how to do this in other browsers.

• 1 month later...

If you're having the same issues as I did, disappearing categories *might* be because you've filled up the /tmp directory on your server. This is easily done if you're converting a lot of images. To check, use cpanel or WHM and go to 'disk space usage'. You need space on the /tmp drive for MySQL to function properly on some servers.

To fix it you need root access - login via ssh and type

cd /tmp
ls

and you should see lots of ps_import*** files where *** is a random string. These are just temp files left over from the image conversion and can be deleted with

rm -f /tmp/ps_import*

Hope that helps someone

My categories were there and now they are missing.

prestashop 1.3.0 alpha 1

errors are:

Expected ',' or '{' but found ' '. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
[break on this error] .account_creation #reverso-form input#reverso_form {
global.css (line 2571)
Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] filter:alpha(opacity=75);
thickbox.css (line 46)
Unknown property '-moz-opacity'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] -moz-opacity: 0.75;
thickbox.css (line 47)
Error in parsing value for 'height'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] height: [removed]document.body....: document.body.offsetHeight + 'px');
thickbox.css (line 53)
Error in parsing value for 'margin-top'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] margin-top: [removed]0 - parseInt(th... || document.body.scrollTop) + 'px');
thickbox.css (line 70)
Error in parsing value for 'margin-top'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] margin-top: [removed]0 - parseInt(th... || document.body.scrollTop) + 'px');
thickbox.css (line 141)
Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] filter:alpha(opacity=0);
thickbox.css (line 151)
Unknown property '-moz-opacity'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] -moz-opacity: 0;
thickbox.css (line 152)
Error in parsing value for 'height'. Declaration dropped.
[break on this error] height: [removed]document.body....: document.body.offsetHeight + 'px');
thickbox.css (line 160)
tb_pathToImage is not defined
[break on this error] $.browser.msie6=$.browser.msie&&/MSIE ...rn false;}).removeClass('thickbox');}
thickb...fied.js (line 14)

This has to do with javascript someplace because if I turn off the dynamic categories the category links show up.

I tried uploading the js folder again but still not working.

I forgot to say that these problems are on 2 new installs. I updated a few other stores to 1.3.0 but they were not fresh installs ... just changed files and added any new database listings.

Rocky's reply here will help:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/34987/P15/general_discussion/no_products_showing_on_product_pages
The “header of pages” hook contains everything between the <head></head> tags, which includes the Javascript required for the autocomplete to work. It is not the same as the “top of pages” hook, which contains all the modules displayed at the top of the page.

I compared some sites that were working with the 2 new installs that were not working and this was the problem. Once I transplanted the "Quick Search" block into the "Header of pages" then the categories showed up using the javascript. If you want the "Quick Search" to show up in the page header then also transplant it to the "Top of pages".

It might be good to have a better explanation of these positions and which to leave and never remove.

Thanks again Rocky!